Anime Plug-In Issue: Genres not appearing after fetching on 1.0.5124.4304

Starkadius

Starkadius

@Aphid

I was not entirely sure what tidy genre meant since no where does it mention what it does but I figured it out after experimenting with it. Well I believe there is a bug with the latest release. It seems that when it fetches the genres it does add them to the series.xml file but it appears blank on the web client even after refreshing over and over. I tried this with "Max Genres:0" and up to 5. What I found that fixed it was that I had to go into the xml, make a change manually and save it. I ran a refresh and the genres appear. Not sure what's going on since the xml appears fine.

Edit: I don't want to open up a topic for every issue I find even though it is the proper way but I want to also mention that when I change Max Genres to 6, 7 or more it still only adds 5 genres and the rest to tags. Using 0 as the max does assign all the tags as genres though.

Edited by Starkadius

If the series.xml file is being updated, then I am not sure what could be causing this. It might be a problem with MB itself, or maybe the plugin should be doing something to notify the server of a refresh (beyond returning true in FetchAsync). @@Luke, do you have any idea what could cause this?

Edit: I don't want to open up a topic for every issue I find even though it is the proper way but I want to also mention that when I change Max Genres to 6, 7 or more it still only adds 5 genres and the rest to tags. Using 0 as the max does assign all the tags as genres though.

I have no idea. It works for 1-5?

I guess I should document this somewhere in the config page:

• Tidy Genres - Re-maps a few of the genres, a little like the genre cleaner addon. For example, if AniDB lists "Zombie" as a category, then the series will have the "Supernatural" genre added. Also, if "Move Excess Genres to Tags" is enabled, "Zombie" will be added to tags instead of genres.
  • Move Excess Genres to Tags - Moves genres above the max genre limit into tags. Also modifies the tidy behavior as mentioned above.

• 1 month later...
Starkadius

@@Aphid

Has the plugin been updated to support the latest server beta? I can't seem to populate the anime with any anidb/anilist Genres. 

Edited by Starkadius

It is in progress. There are a few issues still to be worked out, and a few changes need to be made to the server before things will work properly.

• Like 1