I was not entirely sure what tidy genre meant since no where does it mention what it does but I figured it out after experimenting with it. Well I believe there is a bug with the latest release. It seems that when it fetches the genres it does add them to the series.xml file but it appears blank on the web client even after refreshing over and over. I tried this with "Max Genres:0" and up to 5. What I found that fixed it was that I had to go into the xml, make a change manually and save it. I ran a refresh and the genres appear. Not sure what's going on since the xml appears fine.
Edit: I don't want to open up a topic for every issue I find even though it is the proper way but I want to also mention that when I change Max Genres to 6, 7 or more it still only adds 5 genres and the rest to tags. Using 0 as the max does assign all the tags as genres though.
Edited by Starkadius, 11 January 2014 - 08:43 AM.