Added notification options

computerprep

computerprep

Multiple problems I've run into might be handled with a notification option for "Server rebooting" and "Server online"

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/30912-suggestion-down-for-maintenance/?hl=maintenance

For one, with the link above... these new notifications could be enabled to multiple users in addition to administrators, so users could receive Pushbullet, Pushover, email, etc. notifications during server reboots

For another... I used to install official release updates automatically and reboot, but found that sometimes the updater "broke" and either didn't complete the update or just didn't restart the server properly. So now I handle those manually. But occasionally it still doesn't restart properly. Not often enough for me to bother reporting that, but these notifications would confirm to me when the Android App, WebUI, etc. will be functional again.

In addition to these new automatic notifications, a textarea for administrators to type and push manual notifications through whatever service we use would be handy. For example, administrators could inform users when some resource-intensive process is starting that might affect their playback.

Edited by computerprep
  • Like 1