Request was denied for security error

ACB
Go to solution Solved by ytzelf,

I was impressed a few months ago when I could connect to my Emby server outside my network using the Android App, even though I had a self-signed security certificate.

However, about a month (or so) ago, after an update it stopped connecting, and came up with "Request was denied for security error". I had thought it was the update which stopped connecting, but today I mentioned this to a friend who uses his Android to connect in the same way, and his works fine. Only obvious difference was he has a Samsung S7, and I have a Meizu M3 Note. See version details below. I don't even get to the login screen before it comes up with the security error. I can login, and choose my server, but it doesn't connect and I get a message "We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again."

FYI I am a premier user and am on the Beta program.

Emby Android App Version: 2.7.42

Emby Server Version: 3.1.95

Android Version 5.1

Phone: Meizu M3 Note

FYI I can connect to the server using the Chrome browser on my phone.

post-74225-0-28589600-1470710491_thumb.jpg

86e89de0-3767-4cca-bb47-15a0d083a366.log

Edited by ACB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ytzelf,

Yes looks like the same issue. Glad I'm not the only one! :-) I'll follow your thread also... hope we can get this fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

As reported on the other thread, I just reinstalled Webview app and Emby worked remotely! Asked to accept the self-signed cert then connected. So looks like my issue is sorted. Cheers Guys.