iOS 9 mp3 streaming, high data usage

ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Hi,

I have the latest version of emby on a Windows 7 pro, working perfectly locally.

When I use it on my iPhone 6, streaming mp3, my iPhone report an high data usage on the LTE network.

Playing like 3 or 4 mp3 of 10mb, at 300kbps, the application used over 200mb, which is really high imo.

Is there a way to reduce the usage? Could be it because it downloads the album cover picture to show on the app pror anything else?

Thanks for any help :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone spatiale

Hi, i've never seen this type of usage when only playing a few files. i guess we'll have to do some testing but i'm really not sure.

ChristTheGreat

So Version of Emby is 3.0.605.0 and on iPhone, it's 1.2.1. The Server is a Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1, running in a virtual machine, 4 cores dedicated, at 2.5ghz (CPU is an Xeon E3-1231v3).

Now i'm testing with other MP3, different bitrates, with screen shot, I'll post them later.

Edit: Difference also from the test I did, I was in the car using bluetooth, now i'm at home. First song, 9.8mb usage. So far so good.

Edited by ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat
IMG_1650.pngIMG_1651.pngIMG_1652.pngIMG_1653.png

IMG_1654.pngIMG_1655.pngIMG_1656.pngIMG_1657.pngIMG_1658.png

note, with these songs, it's not too bad, but I thought there would be compress data or something to reduce a little bit? or am I wrong? all is fine? :)

Edited by ChristTheGreat