High CPU usage since 3.0.60

killride

killride

I have a High CPU usage on my TS 269Pro since the last update 3.0.6000 and 3.0.6010. When I make a library scan or something, the CPU is used at 70-90% by the processus Mono.

I was under Mono 4.2.1 and now under Mono 4.4.1 to try if that's could be a issue but nothing change.

The library scan is started since 5h and blocked at 97.7%...

Do you have a issue for me please.

PS: cause of the high CPU usage my clients have some timeout.

killride

I'm gonna put the log tomorrow. How can I downgrade to the previous version please?

Cause now it's impossible to watch something the video crash after few seconds.

killride

There the log file where you can see some error like : 

Error ServiceStackHost: Error occured while Processing Request: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

Error HttpServer: Error in HttpListenerResponseWrapper: Unable to write data to the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

Thanks for your help.

Log.txt

Can you update to the latest version of the server and report your experience? if the problem persists, try removing the kodi sync plugin as well as autoboxsets, and see if the issue persists with just the core server. thanks!

I've notified the release group of the new release so hopefully a new build for qnap will be available soon.

killride

Ok I've made some tests after uninstall all plugins on the server and I can say than every scan like refresh people or library scan make a high cpu usage. Another things it's impossible to launch a movie with my kodi user. After few seconds the movie crash and return on the movie selection.

Angelblue05

Do you have your Kodi log from that time?

If Kodi can directly access your content, the add-on will provide direct paths to your content. It shouldn't crash (unless you are using the server to provide the video files aka transcode or http streaming)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

No need to keep posting kodi logs. I was just making sure your videos were not failing for a different reason. The issue resides outside of Kodi for sure. Something is causing your server to become unresponsive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

killride

So there the server log, at 13h40 and 13h45 I tried to launch a movie from my kodi user. Directly when I launch the movie, the CPU was busy at 98% by Mono and after few seconds the movie crash. But now the CPU is still used between 80-99% by Mono.

Log.txt

Edited by killride

killride

2016-08-05 16:46:26.0208 Error HttpResultFactory: Error streaming data
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5986.0
    Command line: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Operating system: Unix 3.4.6.0
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/ProgramData-Server
    Mono: 4.4.1 (Nightly 4.4.1.0/4747417 Mon Apr 18 10:30:44 CEST 2016)
    Application Path: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection timed out.
    System.IO.IOException
     at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) <0x41605fd0 + 0x00273> in <filename unknown>:0
     at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.InternalWrite (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) <0x4160ebb0 + 0x0008f> in <filename unknown>:0
     at SocketHttpListener.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) <0x416099f0 + 0x001cf> in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo (System.IO.Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize) <0x417f11a0 + 0x0004b> in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo (System.IO.Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize) <0x417f0fa0 + 0x000af> in <filename unknown>:0
     at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Stream:CopyTo (System.IO.Stream,int)
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.StreamWriter.WriteToInternal (System.IO.Stream responseStream) <0x417f0d20 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
    InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
    Connection timed out
     at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Send (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) <0x41606650 + 0x000db> in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) <0x41605fd0 + 0x000bf> in <filename unknown>:0

I found this but don't know if it's matter 

PS: I've downgrade to 3.0.5986 to try

Edited by killride

5986 will not work with mono 4.4. I would avoid looking through the log for errors and instead just focus on any problems you might be having. To be honest the logs look ok to me. i would try removing plugins and seeing if the issue persists with just the core server.

killride

All plugins removed, upgrade to 6030, server restarted. still same issue.

When you said just with the core server, it means without kodi client connected ?

killride

I had this problem on my Qnap with emby server then I installed my emby server on my Windows 10 computer from a backup of the first one.

After a while, the Emby Server processus take 96% but any troubles.

I just want to know if someone else has that too?

CPU : AMD 5350 2.05GHZ

RAM : DDR3 4Go

Windows 32bits (I know only 3Go RAM are usefull)

Thanks

Edited by killride