Gamebrowser - Save and Load State

BATTLE DONKEY

BATTLE DONKEY

@@Redshirt

Would it be possible to add save/load state commands to game browser? I know every emulator is different but what I was thinking was that since they are usually the F# keys it could work. So on the emulator configuration tab maybe having setting telling gamebrowser what buttons save/load/whatever for the particular emulator and what remote control button to link to save/load/whatever else.

Then we can set it up so that anytime while playing a game we could pick up the tv remote and press button 1 which would tell gamebrowser that's a F1 press (save state).... Press #2 would equal F2 (load state).... Those are just examples cause each emulator uses different buttons.

I'm just trying to think of ways to get rid of the keyboard n mouse and if gamebrowser could convert the remote button presses into whatever command the emulator needs it would be one less time the keyboard needs to be pulled out.

Is this a possible feature?

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

BATTLE DONKEY

Am I the only one who thinks the ability to save and load games would be a nice feature if possible?

Redshirt

I'm not taking on any tasks outside of plugin maintenance until I've completed certain features in the Android client. I don't want the stress of multiple different projects.

tahngarth

I use intelliremote do this this very thing, and is probably a better fit anyway. As you've mentioned each emulator could (and will) do it differently. I also set up the pause, record (quick snapshot), stop and even rewind for retroarch.  There's other free options for this, I just found intelliremote to work the best for me.

BATTLE DONKEY

I'm not taking on any tasks outside of plugin maintenance until I've completed certain features in the Android client. I don't want the stress of multiple different projects.

That's cool, I understand u have ur hands full with the android client already and gamebrowser has taken a backseat for the time being. I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head on feature requests, just trying to give u suggestions on possible features for the future to take what is already an amazing app and make it the best choice available.

I'll look into intellimote, I just want to avoid having my harmony remote displaying 4 buttons dedicated to save state for each emulator tho. I'd like to see as many features built in at the server level to avoid things like what drove me nuts about xbmc where different themes supported different plugins and always felt like I had to pick and choose instead of having everything I wanted included.

I'm a patient person tho I'm fine waiting it out. I hung in there with MB2 and want to see MB3 grow to its fullest feature rich potential