What settings ie yes/no for emby installed on kodi

avalon65

avalon65

I have just recently installed emby for kodi and at some point after the installation I am presented with yes/no options.

My situation is that I have all my media on a NAS box upstairs and stream it through kodi on my tv downstairs.

Playback  mode: Native or Addon(default)

Disable emby music library Yes or No

Direct Stream Yes or No

What should I select in the yes/no's options to give me this same setup. T

Some of the media files either can't be found or just failed to play.

Edited by avalon65

badaas

1. Native will direct play the file, emby wont touch it (ie. normal kodi playback situation).

2. Do you want music served up by emby?

3. Cant remember lol doesnt it say in blurb at bottom when highlighted?

Angelblue05

@@avalon65

Most likely your emby paths are not formatted correctly for Kodi to read them. Grab your Kodi log of you trying to play something and failing.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

#1 If you don't mind not having certain emby feature missing such as emby cinema mode/direct streaming/transcode, then you can select Native playback mode. This will give you maximum compatibility with Kodi and other add-ons that need to see the real path to your content.

#2-3 are for the same option - If you want to direct stream music or not. However you can't switch between the two without resetting your local database built by emby. If you are inside your network, do not choose to direct stream music as it will not stream the original format (everything is currently set up as mp3 when you direct stream).

Edited by Angelblue05