3D Movies

pgriffith

pgriffith

Hi

I've only just recently become aware of the 3D movie support Emby now has https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/3D%20videos

Previously I'd just had them in their own separate folder as stand alone movies.

So after reading the WIKI I figured I'd do it the 'right' way.

I had an issue where even though I'd added tags to the video filename, Emby didn't recognize it as 3D.

I started with the following file

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).mp4, renamed it to Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) 3D HTAB.mp4 which didn't work, then tried lowercase, Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) 3d htab.mp4

Still no go, so I tried using Star Trek Into Darkness (2013).3d.htab.mp4 and lo and behold Emby recognized it as 3D.

So even though the WIKI states:

Tags need be be surrounded be either a space ( ), hyphen -, dot . or underscore _. Tags are case-insensitive, so both 3d and 3D will work.

It appears spaces do not work as stated. Just a heads up for you guys to either fix it or change the WIKI  :)

Cheers

legallink

So, my experience is the most recongized format is [filename] [space] [hyphen] [space] [delimiters] etc.

If I follow that format, it recognizes it every time.  However, I usually have to refresh the metadata once a file is added for it to recognize it correctly.