DTS bitstream + auto refresh rate not working

Kramerika

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !

Kramerika

Eureka!  I think you did it.  It now switches the frame rate seamlessly between 60 and 24 and does this for DD 2.0, 5.1, and DTS 5.1 with my setup (Shield TV with HDMI splitter to optical receiver connection).  I only tested an instance of each and did not watch past the opening credits, so there may be hidden issues.  But at this point, it looks like I might finally be able to relegate SPMC to my back up for the purest movie experience!

• Like 1

Kramerika

Is there any hope of getting refresh rate switching on the Amazon Fire TV (2nd generation at least)?  SPMC now has this feature there, and it works well.

The feature wasn't implemented in Android until 6.0 and the Fire's (all of them) are on a forked version at 5.1.1.

Since they are falling pretty far behind now, I would expect Amazon to be working on an update to FireOS that brings it up at least to 6.0 but I don't actually have any knowledge of that.

• Like 1