"Next Up" Missing shows

Kelmino

Kelmino

Currently using 3.0.5985.0 stable release

Looks like Emby Server was updated 3 days ago and now my "Next Up" section is missing specific shows.  This seems to only affect shows that are currently on episode 1 of a season I haven't started watching yet.  

The show and series still show up in my library, and if I look at the shows they show the correct watched status on the episode level, but on the season covers they don't show the watched status with a check mark.  For the one show that is showing in my Next Up that's on a S5E1 it does in fact show the covers of the seasons as Watched.

Also, now that I'm typing this I think that's also the only show with the previous seasons episodes still on my computer, the rest have been deleted long ago to save space.

Any ideas if it's a setting on my side or what I might be able to do to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Happy2Play

Could the database have been cleaned to reflect the previous watched seasons being deleted and the series is considered unwatched?

Kelmino

So you haven't started watching the series yet?

The series have been watched, but the current season hasn't been watched yet.

So the series has been watched, current season is unwatched, and you don't have any previous episodes in your library?

Kelmino

So the series has been watched, current season is unwatched, and you don't have any previous episodes in your library?

Correct

Here's an example with a few pictures if that helps

All using the webui

Ray Donovan

The only series that I have that is working is Robot Chicken, where I have all of the previous seasons still on my computer.  In my Next Up it shows I'm on S5E1.  At the season view level it has the correct watched status

Happy2Play

Tested on test machine with one series and it doesn't work in 5986 (Arrow S05E01 didn't show up in next up) , but updated to dev Version 3.1.6039.25637 and it does.

5788454c20da4_test.jpg

5788455d5c014_test1.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Kelmino

I'll try that. I switched from dev to stable brach about a month ago because I was missing shows entirely (from all views). I'll see if that's fixed now.

Thanka.

Happy2Play

Note this works in Beta also if you prefer.

Kelmino

Just an update, I did upgrade to the Beta version 3.1.66.0 and everything has been working.  I'll leave it at that version for a while and turn off auto-updates.

Thanks again for the help

I have problems with WHICH shows it decides are next up.

Ill have watched a episode of a show 6 months ago and its in the next up but some I've seen in the last week wont be in the next up. Is it possible to include a condition on the next up to only show shows that have been watched in lets say the last 2 months that way it should cover any shows that go on mid season break so they will start to show up again. I'm tired of seeing some shows I gave up on but I leave them in the library in case I want to give them another chance later or someone else will watch them.

And marking them watched is such a hacky way of fixing it since it then my library is a lie and a pain to go back and figure out where I was if I ever do decide to watch them again.

To clarify this is with ET since it only shows half of what the web client shows. I see the web shows more and they are all there, I guess this should have been a post of ET forum but still I think some of the next up should expire after a few months, or at least allow a setting we can set for when they expire.

Edited by MEB