Standard settings for audio language not used in kodi

Guest petwri

Guest petwri

So, I have my default language set to eng, subtitles on, english, both set in the emby playback options for the user used in emby for kodi, but the playback is always done with the first audio track and no subs. Any ideas?

Angelblue05

It's not currently supported by the add-on. The good news is, Kodi has those options. You can go to Kodi settings > Videos > playback > Preferred audio language (If you are not finding the option, make sure the settings level is set to advanced or expert). As for subtitles, while playing a video, activate the osd, view the audio options > enable subtitles, then at the end of the list of options: Set as default for all videos.

I don't know if we'll ever support this emby feature - I've already tried in the past, but it's a bit difficult to determine a proper way to handle scenarios such as when languages are not defined on the track, etc.

Edited by Angelblue05

Guest petwri

It's not currently supported by the add-on. The good news is, Kodi has those options. You can go to Kodi settings > Videos > playback > Preferred audio language (If you are not finding the option, make sure the settings level is set to advanced or expert). As for subtitles, while playing a video, activate the osd, view the audio options > enable subtitles, then at the end of the list of options: Set as default for all videos.

I don't know if we'll ever support this emby feature - I've already tried in the past, but it's a bit difficult to determine a proper way to handle scenarios such as when languages are not defined on the track, etc.

Ahhh, ok, thanks, so I need to set it on the kodi side. Thank you, my bad!