App goes straigt into TV Guide

squirrellydw

squirrellydw

I would like to suggest an option to have the FireTV app go straight in to the TV Guide.  I would like to launch the app and have it open the guide by default.  I think this could be done be selecting it as an option in the settings.  I also think getting rid of the left side bar would be nice, it seems to be a duplicate of the main icons.

That side bar is a staple of the Google interface paradigm on the device but what icons is it a duplicate of...?

squirrellydw

Sorry, not really a duplicate but just doesn't seem to be needed.  The side bar just seems to add more click to get to what you want and doesn't seem to be needed IMO

What it does is allows you to see more of the available rows at once.  In our app specifically, you can see every row that exists on the home screen in one glance without having to scroll.  If it weren't there, you wouldn't know there was a "Settings" row for instance when first arriving on the home screen.

squirrellydw

Fair enough, still would like the option to open the app straight into the Guide though

CBers

I could live without the SIDEBAR if it was removed (or made optional - ON for new users by default).

I very rarely use it, as each of the rows are named anyway.

Just my thoughts.