Sync problems

Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat

Now I seem to have made my sync process "appear" to work as envisioned rather than things just not syncing with no obvious reason to why they wouldn't.... But..

I have four sync entries and in the emby app on my android device they appear to have all synced as they should (well the amount of videos saying synced equals the limits I have set)

But when I go into looking what is stored locally on the sd card, the file count is far less. One sync entry/list says it has synced 10 episodes but the sd card has none of them. The movie sync says it's meant to have 10 items but there is only 7. When I go to play the ones the app seems to thin kis synced (and has the circle arrow icon when browsed for in app) the files is obviously not synced and not played from a local source.

But the android app says they are synced. Weird.

I came to emby for syncing and offline usage. Offline usage, well that's another matter, but even sync doesn't seem to be working for me.

Hoping I can get a reliable sync process that stays up to date so I can rely on it.

Edited by Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat

I noticed there were errors with creating the 3 idiots directory but that is on my sd card.

The Emby sync in the android app says that "Captain America" was synced (one of the 10 movies that supposedly synced) but there is no sign of the file, not is it in the log from what I can see/search.

Just focusing on Captain America, the sync list on the android app said it synced. The artwork/coverart has the green circular arrows to say it's local... But no files or folders exist and when I play it through the android app it is being streamed over the internet from my server.

Edited by Pete_Repeat

Pete_Repeat

Perhaps I will upload the server logs if you suggest.. Although that may be a few days away.

Or I can upload the other log files in my android device I am syncing to.

Pete_Repeat

I have checked another log this morning. And things that synced are in the log, but captain America is not mentioned even though it emby app (and server) said it's synced. Same goes for multiple episodes of a series called catastrophe, app and server day 2 episodes synced but no signs on my android device (not even the folder) nor mentioned in the log file...

Pete_Repeat

Ahh just saw its now 2.7.11 in your post. I'll update now and check when I'm home to sync

Pete_Repeat

10 movies shown to sync in app and on server. Only 7 folders and movies on the sd card.

Guest petwri

I am having some similar issues with the mobile app, it doesn't sync all required content at once. Should the background sync start again after some time and pick up the "missed" items?

Pete_Repeat

I removed the sync playlists hoping it would remove the files and I start again thinking maybe creating them with the latest beta would help. But the files never got deleted from the sd card even though there were no sync entries... So deleted the folders myself and added the playlist. Now the sync lists sit there just saying they are ready.

Really haven't had much fun with syncing and offline use with emby which is why I came here in the first place... (with kodi).

Really hoping at least one of them starts working for me eventually.

I'll upload more logs over the week and hopefully that will get more feedback.

Guest petwri

I would already like if somebody could explain to me how syncing is supposed to work. Does it run in the background and pick up missing items? And what about deleting files after deleting a sync job? What is the intended behaviour?

The app registers a background sync service with the device that runs hourly. Again it's impossible to answer these questions about what isn't working without a log file from the relevant time period.

Pete_Repeat

Some good news. I checked this morning and everything appears to have synced as expected.

So perhaps removing the sync lists after I did the recent update and re-adding the sync lists may have fixed it...

Report back in a few days about if new content is added when my sync lists have been modified..

Yea unfortunately the changes in beta that are in process of rolling out are significant enough that they're going to require things to be configured again synced again, so that might have been the reason.

Guest petwri

The app registers a background sync service with the device that runs hourly.

Thx, thats all the info i was asking for.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

@@Pete_Repeat

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !