Compiling Emby from Source on Linux

egandt

egandt

I followed the instructions, executing "MediaBrowser.Mono.Build.sh", however this does not work it gets to the step:

echo "Updating NuGet to the latest version"
mono .nuget/NuGet.exe update -self > "$LOGPATH/nugetupdate_stdout_$LOGDATE.log" 2> "$LOGPATH/nugetupdate_stderr_$LOGDATE.log"

However there is no .nuget directory or NuGet.exe executable to run so I get an error message: nugetupdate_stderr_1467245322.log

Cannot open assembly '.nuget/NuGet.exe': No such file or directory.

At this point the compilation fails to do anything else.  I agree there is no .nuget directory or NuGet.exe file in mediabrowser or for that matter on the system period. 

Edit: I commented out the line to continue, with the build, however I'm not sure what this breaks, however it seemed to compile correctly.

ERIC

Edited by egandt

Hi, do you know which project in the solution triggered this? Nuget restore is actually supposed to be off in this build script. In any event, our automated builds are having for our different deployments are having no trouble though. Thanks.

egandt

I believe it was the development branch, at least that is what I had checked out to get the Tools.

ERIC

gsnerf

Hi,

I'm not sure if this script is actually still maintained by anyone?

I usually only do the following (in the projects root folder) to build the server (first line necessary only once, so required libs can be retrieved):

mozroots --import --sync
xbuild /p:Configuration="Release Mono" /p:Platform="Any CPU" MediaBrowser.Mono.sln || die "building failed"
Edited by gsnerf