Missing API features

treason

treason

So I'm migrating my code, and I can't seem to find the ui endpoint. Is there an equivalent I am missing?

API v2 had a /ui/ endpoint that did play, pause, resume, navigate to, shuffle, seek, and of course nowplaying.

If this feature is in development, I would love to add some requests to it (for example, global keyboard hooks).

If I could phase out more of event ghost, I would be a happy camper.

Thanks for the help

Not implemented yet, sorry. At this point there is no UI remote control, but you can talk to the server to pull down library information.

If all you need is ui stuff, then yea, apologies but you'll have to wait a little longer.

treason

All good Luke. That ui endpoint is the biggest chunk of my app, so I'll just hold off. I must say the transcoding in the API looks awesome. Live streaming will be fun to use.

chef

Treason, I have written a global keyboard hook you can have, if you want it. I have it working in vb.net and cs. It is a class, and you can call it in your main program easily. It works with both key up and down.

Let me kniw if you want it. I was using it, and still am, to better syncronize voice control and remote control.

treason

Thanks chef,

I am hoping the ui endpoint will have something like that when its written. something like /ui/?command={cntl}-s or even ?command=charCode

i think you'll be very happy. i've got it all mapped out in my head, just haven't put the pen to the paper yet. you'll be able to talk to mb3 server and control any client, or at least the ones who choose to implement the remote control aspect.