Sign in to follow this  
gstuartj

Clearing all live tv metadata/EPG/cached data?

gstuartj

Hi all,

I had to rebuild my TVHeadend VM and am trying to get LiveTV working again. The problem I'm having is that Emby seems to use all the old channel data, and I can't get it to reliably refresh things like the channel name and icon after updating it in TVHeadend.

I have tried deleting all channels from TVHeadend and doing a refresh, and I have tried deleting metadata/livetv/*, but no dice so far. Every time I reinstall the TVH plugin and do a Guide Refresh I'm stuck with the old channel names and no icons.

Is there a query I can run against a DB or something, or am I looking in the wrong places? How can I make sure all live tv data is cleared so I can ensure I get a fresh lineup? Any ideas, @@Tolotos ?

Thanks,

gstuartj

I found a workaround to get all my channels updated using the TVHeadend plugin and am posting it for future reference. Clearing all channels from TVHeadend and doing a Guide Refresh does not clear the old channel data.

Instead, you must delete all channels except for one, then do a Guide Refresh, re-add the missing channels, and refresh again. If you need to update the one remaining channel, do the process again but with that one channel.

Edited by gstuartj

Luke

Yea unfortunately that might be true because users can customize those things within emby server after the import, so we don't want to blow away those changes.

Guest asrequested

I had an issue with my guide data, too. Though I'm using HDHR. To completely rebuild the guide, I had to remove the data source (schedules direct), that started a guide refresh which wiped the data. I then added schedules direct, another scan occurred, and all data was regenerated.

Fabrice1973

Same issue here - despite deleting the HD Homerun as a source, channels and EPG remained.

I added then a M3U list and Homerun channels remained.

Deleting M3U and I have now M3U & Homerun channels still showing up...

How can I sort this?

Luke

Hi there, try running the refresh guide scheduled task in emby server.