Linux Setup

Luke

Is there going to be an implementation like xbmcbuntu in the future then??? I had a little play with that. Mb3 like that on an nuc sounds nice!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

That's a client app and is completely different than the server.  Yea I think it would be neat if we can recruit for it.

Xbmcbuntu is/can be a standalone tho. I'd like to see a mb3 version similar that would be minimal server/client on one pc...

(for my mother!! Lol)

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

we will continue to pursue making all of the apps easier to install but we're not going bundle the server and client together.

libsqlite is required, download the source code from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html and compile it for your Arm arch.

ffmpeg is required for image extraction and web client streaming(Play).

ffprobe is required to get the metadata about the file.

Mono's libgdiplus is required for image processing in the web client.

I doubt you will get good performance with web streaming on Arm because if the file is not webm(vpx) it need to be transcoded.

I have already the libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 for armv7h. It's just enough the I use it to substitute the x86 version ? 

I'm able to stream using mediatomb that is a DLNA server (when is not necessary to transcode the movie).

abeloin

I have already the libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 for armv7h. It's just enough the I use it to substitute the x86 version ? 

I'm able to stream using mediatomb that is a DLNA server (when is not necessary to transcode the movie).

Yes it should be ok.

• Place the libsqlite3 in the sqlite3\arm folder(create if necessary).
  • Edit System.Data.SQLite.dll.config, add this line in between configuration tags:

<dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="./sqlite3/arm/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6" os="linux"/>

• For more info, see http://www.mono-project.com/Config_DllMap

Yes, you should be able to "stream" if you don't do any transcoding, see my previous post about available clients.

You can use a client that doesn't require transcoding.

Some example:

XBMB3C: plugin for xbmc https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/releases/tag/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.7.5

Mediabrowser.Theater: apps for windows http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2142-media-browser-theater-public-alpha/

See the support section in the forum for other clients and platforms. http://mediabrowser.tv/clients/

By the way make sure to use a ffmpeg version built for armv7 without neon, which the tegra 2 is based on.

I have installed MBT and I was really impressed, I'm able to play 1080p movies without problems!

Thanks for the suggestion !

Edited by Dan64

Yes it should be ok.

• Place the libsqlite3 in the sqlite3\arm folder(create if necessary).
  • Edit System.Data.SQLite.dll.config, add this line in between configuration tags:

<dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="./sqlite3/arm/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6" os="linux"/>

• For more info, see http://www.mono-project.com/Config_DllMap

Yes, you should be able to "stream" if you don't do any transcoding, see my previous post about available clients.

Thanks again for the suggestion. But just for curiosity I'd like to know witch kind of malfunctioning do you expect without the correct shared library ? I'm writing this since to me seems that the server is working fine.

P.S.

In my log there are entries related Sqlite that doesn't show any error. But in any case I have created the config file with these entries:

<configuration>
    <dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

Edited by Dan64

ffmpeg is required for image extraction and web client streaming(Play).

ffprobe is required to get the metadata about the file.

I think that could be useful add in MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe.config a config entry that allows to override the path for "ffmpeg" and "ffprobe" in this way the user can substitute these files with the platform-specific version without the risk that will be overridden by some update.

Edited by Dan64

abeloin

Thanks again for the suggestion. But just for curiosity I'd like to know witch kind of malfunctioning do you expect without the correct shared library ? I'm writing this since to me seems that the server is working fine.

P.S.

In my log there are entries related Sqlite that doesn't show any error. But in any case I have created the config file with these entries:

<configuration>
    <dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

Without a sqlite3 library, MBS can't create it's databases.

The config file allow us to have multiple library embedded with the same name but for different arch.

Thought I'd give this a try on my server running Ubuntu 12.04, but something goes wrong when I try and start it.  Not sure if it's a problem with my mono install or something else.

Info, Main, Media Browser Server started
Info, Main, Command line: /home/spaid/mb3server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Server: ubuntu
Info, Main, Operating system: Unix 3.8.0.35
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application Configuration:
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","DownloadMovieImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeriesImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeasonImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":false,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicArtistImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicAlbumImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"RecentItemDays":10,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"FileWatcherDelay":8,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"ManualLoginClients":[],"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableVideoImageExtraction":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":false,"MediaEncodingQuality":"HighSpeed","EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MovieOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"TvOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"MusicOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"GameOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"BookOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5130.10013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5130.10013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5130.10008, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5130.10009, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5130.10010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5130.10010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5130.10012, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5128.38911, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5130.10014, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5130.10014 initializing
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/providerinfo.db
Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/32bit/ffmpeg.static.32bit.2014-01-04.tar.gz
Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj847twf7riq0j7/ARIALUNI.7z?dl=1
Error, Main, UnhandledException
	One or more errors occured
	System.AggregateException
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException
	An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader.ExtractFFMpeg (System.String tempFile, System.String targetFolder) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	InnerException: System.EntryPointNotFoundException
	Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd
	  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:get_at_fdcwd ()
	  at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That's on the first run, if I try it again it gets stuck a line earlier, on the ffmpeg link instead of ARIALUNI.

Thought I'd give this a try on my server running Ubuntu 12.04, but something goes wrong when I try and start it.  Not sure if it's a problem with my mono install or something else.

appHost.Init
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","DownloadMovieImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeriesImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeasonImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":false,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicArtistImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicAlbumImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"RecentItemDays":10,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"FileWatcherDelay":8,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"ManualLoginClients":[],"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableVideoImageExtraction":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":false,"MediaEncodingQuality":"HighSpeed","EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MovieOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"TvOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"MusicOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"GameOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"BookOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5130.10013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5130.10013, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5130.10008, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5130.10009, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5130.10010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5130.10010, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5130.10012, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5128.38911, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5130.10014, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5130.10014 initializing
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Opening /home/spaid/mb3server/ProgramData-Server/data/providerinfo.db
Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/32bit/ffmpeg.static.32bit.2014-01-04.tar.gz
Info, App, HttpClientManager.GetTempFileResponse url: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pj847twf7riq0j7/ARIALUNI.7z?dl=1
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader.ExtractFFMpeg (System.String tempFile, System.String targetFolder) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<DownloadFFMpeg>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.FFMpeg.FFMpegDownloader+<GetFFMpegInfo>c__async0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[TResult].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterMediaEncoder>c__async2.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
	  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That's on the first run, if I try it again it gets stuck a line earlier, on the ffmpeg link instead of ARIALUNI.

Thanks for the report. Probably a missing dependency. When abeloin is on I'm sure he'll know the answer.

abeloin

Ok, I need some info. What is your mono version? Ubuntu x86 or x86_64?

Also can you run this command, it will give us more info why libMonoPosixHelper is not found. The last 50 or so lines should be ok.

MONO_LOG_LEVEL="debug" MONO_LOG_MASK="dll" mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

abeloin

New build: link removed (Linux and Mac)

For Linux, mediabrowser can now open ISO(Stream detail and web client streaming) via sudo, mount and umount.

In order to activate this feature, you need to add these lines via visudo(don't forget to change the username to the one running mediabrowser):

Defaults:jsmith !requiretty
jsmith ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/mount
jsmith ALL=(root) NOPASSWD: /bin/umount
Edited by abeloin
  • Like 1

Ok, I need some info. What is your mono version? Ubuntu x86 or x86_64?

It's 64 bit.

Mono Runtime Engine version 3.2.7 (master/cac0aaa Wed Jan 15 04:11:30 PST 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  amd64
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
	GC:            sgen

The last 50 or so lines should be ok.

I'll post it all because there seem to be errors all through it...

appHost.Init
	{"WeatherUnit":"Fahrenheit","EnableHttpLevelLogging":true,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"LegacyWebSocketPortNumber":8945,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","MetadataRefreshDays":30,"SaveLocalMeta":false,"RefreshItemImages":false,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"US","DownloadMovieImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeriesImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadSeasonImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":false,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicArtistImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"DownloadMusicAlbumImages":{"Art":true,"Logo":true,"Primary":true,"Backdrops":true,"Disc":true,"Thumb":true,"Banner":true},"SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"ShowLogWindow":false,"RecentItemDays":10,"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"FileWatcherDelay":8,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"ManualLoginClients":[],"EnableTvDbUpdates":false,"EnableTmdbUpdates":false,"EnableVideoImageExtraction":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","EnablePeoplePrefixSubFolders":false,"MediaEncodingQuality":"Auto","EnableMovieChapterImageExtraction":true,"EnableEpisodeChapterImageExtraction":false,"EnableOtherVideoChapterImageExtraction":false,"MovieOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"TvOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"MusicOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"GameOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":3,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"BookOptions":{"MaxBackdrops":1,"MinBackdropWidth":1280},"EnableDebugEncodingLogging":false,"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"TvFileSortingOptions":{"IsEnabled":false,"MinFileSizeMb":50,"LeftOverFileExtensionsToDelete":[".nfo",".txt"],"WatchLocations":[],"SeasonFolderPattern":"Season %s","SeasonZeroFolderName":"Season 0","OverwriteExistingEpisodes":false,"DeleteEmptyFolders":false,"EnableTrialMode":true},"LiveTvOptions":{},"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":false}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5132.39414, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5132.39413, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5132.39409, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5132.39410, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5132.39411, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5132.39410, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5132.39412, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5132.39414, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Version 3.0.5132.39414 initializing
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: 'kernel32'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32.so': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32': 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32.so': 'libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'kernel32': 'kernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32.so': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32': 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'libkernel32.so': 'libkernel32.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport unable to load library 'libkernel32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': '/home/spaid/mb3server/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': '/home/spaid/mb3server/lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so': 'lib./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport loaded library './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6'.
Mono: DllImport searching in: './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6' ('./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6').
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_config'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_config'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_config'.
Mono: DllImport searching in: './sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6' ('./sqlite3/linux/lib64/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6').
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_libversion_number'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_libversion_number'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_libversion_number'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_open_v2'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_open_v2'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_open_v2'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_busy_timeout'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_busy_timeout'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_busy_timeout'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_prepare_v2'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_prepare_v2'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_prepare_v2'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_bind_parameter_count'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_bind_parameter_count'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_bind_parameter_count'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_column_count'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_column_count'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_column_count'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_step'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_step'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_step'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_changes'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_changes'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_changes'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_reset'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_reset'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_reset'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_finalize'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_finalize'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_finalize'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_get_autocommit'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_get_autocommit'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_get_autocommit'.
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: 'libc.so.6'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libc.so.6': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/home/spaid/mb3server/libc.so.6.so': '/home/spaid/mb3server/libc.so.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport loaded library 'libc.so.6'.
Mono: DllImport searching in: 'libc.so.6' ('libc.so.6').
Mono: Searching for 'uname'.
Mono: Probing 'uname'.
Mono: Found as 'uname'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/System/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/libc.so.6': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/System/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/System/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/libc.so.6.so': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/System/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/libc.so.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: Searching for 'uname'.
Mono: Probing 'uname'.
Mono: Found as 'uname'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libc.so.6': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libc.so.6.so': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libc.so.6.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: Searching for 'chmod'.
Mono: Probing 'chmod'.
Mono: Found as 'chmod'.
Mono: DllImport attempting to load: 'libMonoPosixHelper.so'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libMonoPosixHelper.so': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libMonoPosixHelper.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport error loading library '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libMonoPosixHelper.so': '/usr/local/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Posix/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/libMonoPosixHelper.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Mono: DllImport loaded library 'libMonoPosixHelper.so'.
Mono: DllImport searching in: 'libMonoPosixHelper.so' ('libMonoPosixHelper.so').
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwdA'.
Mono: DllImport searching in: 'libMonoPosixHelper.so' ('libMonoPosixHelper.so').
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_ctermid'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_ctermid'.
Mono: Found as 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_ctermid'.
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_cuserid'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_cuserid'.
Mono: Found as 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_L_cuserid'.
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_now'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_now'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_now'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_nowA'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_nowA'.
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_omit'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_omit'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_omit'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_omitA'.
Mono: Probing 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_utime_omitA'.
Mono: Searching for 'Mono_Posix_Syscall_get_at_fdcwd'.

UnhandledException

Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_close_v2'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_close_v2'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_close_v2'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_next_stmt'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_next_stmt'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_next_stmt'.
Mono: Searching for 'sqlite3_exec'.
Mono: Probing 'sqlite3_exec'.
Mono: Found as 'sqlite3_exec'.

So after looking at that error log a bit I realised sqlite wasn't installed.  It seems to be working now that I've installed that, save for a couple of errors:

Error, ServiceController, System.ArgumentException: Type ServiceStack.Api.Swagger.SwaggerResourcesService is not a Web Service that inherits IService
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.RegisterService (System.Type serviceType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Error, ServiceController, System.ArgumentException: Type ServiceStack.Api.Swagger.SwaggerApiService is not a Web Service that inherits IService
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.RegisterService (System.Type serviceType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It seems to be working regardless, but I haven't tried to do anything yet really.

That's fine .Nothing to worry about. Thanks for your persistence.

Good to know.  One other question; is it possible to transfer things like users and playstates from a win install to the mono one?

i don't know if the db file is going to be readable by the linux sqlite versions. @@abeloin do you know? 

if yes, then just copy users.db and userdata.db. I wouldn't copy anything else.

abeloin

So after looking at that error log a bit I realised sqlite wasn't installed.  It seems to be working now that I've installed that, save for a couple of errors:

Error, ServiceController, System.ArgumentException: Type ServiceStack.Api.Swagger.SwaggerResourcesService is not a Web Service that inherits IService
Error, ServiceController, System.ArgumentException: Type ServiceStack.Api.Swagger.SwaggerApiService is not a Web Service that inherits IService

It seems to be working regardless, but I haven't tried to do anything yet really.

sqlite is already included. From the log I see it's loading correctly.

This usually indicate missing environment variables.

Mono: DllImport attempting to load: 'kernel32'.

What is the value for PATH , LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH? (Use the command export)

abeloin

i don't know if the db file is going to be readable by the linux sqlite versions. @@abeloin do you know? 

if yes, then just copy users.db and userdata.db. I wouldn't copy anything else.

In theory, there shouldn't be any problem. It depend on data stored inside the db.

Example: path could be an issue.

yea i was just thinking of paths. It has been on my to do list for a while to make all paths underneath the program data directory tokenized, so that we don't store the entire thing. until that happens userdata is really the only database we can officially support moving.

What is the value for PATH , LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH? (Use the command export)

Just type export and nothing else?  PATH is the only one in that list if so.

abeloin

Just type export and nothing else?  PATH is the only one in that list if so.

Ok, can you try this:

Notes:

If your mono installation is in a non-standard path, create a file called env.sh with this content in mediabrowser folder(don't forget to substitute path):

export PATH=/opt/mono/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mono/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/mono/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Before running mediabrowser in mediabrowser folder in Terminal, type this command(There's space between the . and e):

. env.sh

Edited by abeloin
  • Like 1

Ok, can you try this:

Notes:

If your mono installation is in a non-standard path, create a file called env.sh with this content in mediabrowser folder(don't forget to substitute path):

export PATH=/opt/mono/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/mono/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/mono/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

I'm not really sure what the correct paths would be for my system.