Playback never start on Intel NUC

Casgar

Casgar

Client

Software: Kodi 16.1

Addon: Emby 2.2.10

Hardware: Intel NUC5i5RYH

Server

Emby server: 3.0.5973.0 (in a Docker container, if it matters)

I have a problem with playback in Kodi with the Emby addon. At startup everything syncs as it should and I can see every file that I have in my media library, including all the meta-data etc. But whenever I try to play a file, whether it's an audio or video file, the playback just never start. If I try to play the same file again I just get an error message saying that the playback failed and I should check the log file.

I have no problem accessing and playing the files on the server from an iPad, my Android phone, the web client or even from Kodi with a direct path (Samba).

Have I missed something? Any help i appriciated! Log file attached acording to this post.

kodi-1.log

Casgar

you will probably need to use path substitution on the server to get the paths working for your clients.

From your log:

/mnt/data/WD-WCC4N1371663/skyddat/Media/Filmer/Filmer/Mad.Max.Fury.Road.2015.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ETRG/Mad.Max.Fury.Road.2015.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ETRG(1).mkv

if that path is not correct for your client path substitution can be used to replace the start with the actual server name and path to the files.

For a little bit of info on path substitution check out the following page at the bottom

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Library-Setup

Also do search on this forum for more info on it.

Yup, it works just fine now. Would never have thought of it since the other clients works just fine. Thanks alot!

• Like 1