Subdued Theme: Questions Issues Thread

Cheesegeezer

yardameus

I think it's the subdued_styles.xml file here C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic.  Although I think you could change #s 1 and 3 within the theme itself, and the font size with the specific style .xml file (blue note, spy vs. spy, etc...)

Cheesegeezer

1. I want to change the width percentage of the left nav section of the ehs home page.

2. i want to change the font size of the left nav section of the ehs home page to something smaller

3. I want to change the top to bottom width of the details section - it looks like it is 50% now, I want to decrease slightly

I know that I have done this before but I had to do wipe my client and lost my settings...but there used to be a description of every single xml config setting...

Points 1&3 can be done using live layout (config icon on top right of theme). Point 2 requires you to edit your style mcml file using notepad or something similar.

Hope that helps

yardameus

Hey, just noticed a couple days ago that emby classic kept switching the theme back to Chocolate when I was in Subdued and left emby and then came back later.  I removed Prometheus, and no longer an issue.  I remember something like that happening with Xenon and Square.  I didn't do a host of testing on this, but might be something that needs looking into (either here or in Prometheus).

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Hey, just noticed a couple days ago that emby classic kept switching the theme back to Chocolate when I was in Subdued and left emby and then came back later.  I removed Prometheus, and no longer an issue.  I remember something like that happening with Xenon and Square.  I didn't do a host of testing on this, but might be something that needs looking into (either here or in Prometheus).

Get the latest version of Prometheus from the dropbox link, older versions have an expiry date on them (could be you are running a version that didnt have the expiry date updated), this is done to get people to get the latest versions, since its not on the store.

yardameus

It was the latest version when I noticed this issue.  Prometheus actually still worked/didn't get switched back to Chocolate.  But I couldn't get subdued to stay as the theme.  Like I said, it may not be Prometheus' "fault", but removing it completely "resolved" the issue.  I'll test a bit more tonight.

RonNCmale

I also had the same issue of not being able to get "Subdued" to stay as the theme. It converted back to "Chocolate". I also had the latest Prometheus. Once I removed "Prometheus" I could set "Subdued" as the theme. For informational purposes only.

• Like 1

yardameus

I tested this again, and I could not get Emby classic to keep me in either Subdued, or Xenon.  I had no problem with Neo, however.  That was after immediately installing the latest Prometheus.  I'll try and generate a log for you....

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I wonder if its the ibn thing that's reported in your second log, it shouldn't do anything since it was an old bit of code to report back to me what theme you are using in the log, to see why theme resources where not being loaded, i'll get rid of it, for my next build, if its Prometheus thats the root cause, probably best to report it on the Prometheus thread, so we don't end up hijacking subdued's thread.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

attachicon.gifMBClassic-2432015fe005d64686945b68cf0036d4f3f7544.logattachicon.gifMBClassic-2432015e0cb4895c7d64ab9928667842467e49b.log

Here are some logs.  I logged in under Neo, switched to Subdued.  Exited and entered again and Chocolate was showing.  Entered, switched theme, exited and entered with default theme showing.

So just to be clear....

First log -  I logged in under Neo, switched to Subdued.  Exited and entered again and Chocolate was showing

Second LogEntered, switched theme, exited and entered with default theme showing.

So just to be clear....

First log -  I logged in under Neo, switched to Subdued.  Exited and entered again and Chocolate was showing

Second Log - Entered, switched theme, exited and entered with default theme showing.

That process would be four logs.

Beppo - Did you start with the source to one of Cheese's themes when you created this?  Or any other one for that matter?

If so, did you change the assembly guid in AssemblyInfo.cs?

Cheesegeezer

Beppo - Did you start with the source to one of Cheese's themes when you created this?  Or any other one for that matter?

If so, did you change the assembly guid in AssemblyInfo.cs?

Nope not mine. But a good point there regarding GUID.  

yardameus

So just to be clear....

Second Log - Entered, switched theme, exited and entered with default theme showing.

Sorry, no, I repeated myself.  First log: entering, switching to subdued and exiting.  Second log: entering and seeing chocolate theme instead of Subdued.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

I started with a old copy of of the mb2 template theme form the pre GitHub days, but the guid is brand new, as Prometheus is only one of the 3 or more themes I've worked on and abandoned, most of the stuff that I like is fixed code from my old Manhattan theme which I started for mb2 but I started to refit it for mb3, my old themes still co-exist on my test VM but not on my production machine which only runs Prometheus.

Cheesegeezer

Sorry, no, I repeated myself.  First log: entering, switching to subdued and exiting.  Second log: entering and seeing chocolate theme instead of Subdued.

Let me check the logs again

Cheesegeezer

attachicon.gifMBClassic-2432015fe005d64686945b68cf0036d4f3f7544.logattachicon.gifMBClassic-2432015e0cb4895c7d64ab9928667842467e49b.log

Here are some logs.  I logged in under Neo, switched to Subdued.  Exited and entered again and Chocolate was showing.  Entered, switched theme, exited and entered with default theme showing.

Ok so I have my setup nearly the same as yours and I can't for the life of me reproduce the boot up.  However I haven't updated Prometheus on this laptop for a while.

attached is a link yardameus to the same Prometheus I'm using.  Backup your current version and drop this into your plugins folder and see if that fixes the issue.  If it does, move this bug over to the Prometheus thread. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0feoc7kgqbr4gt/Prometheus.dll?dl=0

This may help out @@BeppoMonkeyBoy somehow.  Look at my screen shot to see my version number installed.

post-71-0-74427000-1427313506_thumb.png

• Like 1

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Ok so I have my setup nearly the same as yours and I can't for the life of me reproduce the boot up.  However I haven't updated Prometheus on this laptop for a while.

attached is a link yardameus to the same Prometheus I'm using.  Backup your current version and drop this into your plugins folder and see if that fixes the issue.  If it does, move this bug over to the Prometheus thread. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0feoc7kgqbr4gt/Prometheus.dll?dl=0

This may help out @@BeppoMonkeyBoy somehow.  Look at my screen shot to see my version number installed.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-03-25 19.55.45.png

I can't replicate it either, but if you are getting the issues, a screen shot like Cheese's is a very helpful starting point to see if i can replicate.

• Like 1

yardameus

Ok, so I tried a few things out.  Stuck the version I had back into Emby classic (15.3.23.2028), started it up, back into Chocolate again.  Removed that version, tried Cheesegeezer's 15.2.19 I think.  No issues, downloaded the latest, 15.3.26 from earlier today, no issues.  Either way, subdued and xenon stay as the theme.  Must've been something weird with my setup and/or that particular version.  Anywho.  All's good now, and we can release the hostage that I have made out of Subdued's help thread.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Ok, so I tried a few things out.  Stuck the version I had back into Emby classic (15.3.23.2028), started it up, back into Chocolate again.  Removed that version, tried Cheesegeezer's 15.2.19 I think.  No issues, downloaded the latest, 15.3.26 from earlier today, no issues.  Either way, subdued and xenon stay as the theme.  Must've been something weird with my setup and/or that particular version.  Anywho.  All's good now, and we can release the hostage that I have made out of Subdued's help thread.

All sorted now, well... that's great news for all of us.

Basically it's you not me hahahahh

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Xzener

Cheesegeezer,

My video backdrops are playing behind details... Meaning sound with no video at details screen. I have switched to Chocolate theme and video backdrops are working correctly with that theme.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
jachin99

I don't know if this is still being supported but I'm having an issue where having the coverwall backdrop enabled for Trailers crashes emby for wmc.  Having the subdued coverwall enabled for movies doesn't crash emby for WMC.  I'm on Win 7, latest emby server.  Any help would be appreciated, and thanks