Subdued Theme: Questions Issues Thread

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

Just to let you all know that i'm on a go slow with programming at the moment. My full time job really is taking over my life currently. I have only been at home 7 days out of the last 9weeks!!! As soon as work settles down i can resume a nice mix of my hobby(MB programming, home life and work)

Apologies to all and please be patient. I have not abandoned you.

Thanks

Cheese

Just to let you all know that i'm on a go slow with programming at the moment. My full time job really is taking over my life currently. I have only been at home 7 days out of the last 9weeks!!! As soon as work settles down i can resume a nice mix of my hobby(MB programming, home life and work)

Apologies to all and please be patient. I have not abandoned you.

Thanks

Cheese

Thanks Cheese :)

• 3 weeks later...
Cheesegeezer

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record at the minute.

I have not done any work on any of my MB projects due to very heavy and demanding work commitments, once the storm blows, I can get back into things.

Thanks for your patience, I will update once i'm back in MB project mode.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
yardameus

I was going to mention a performance drop in the last update, but then the most recent update completely eliminated that.  I did still want to mention that the count number is not going on top of the custom overlay.  It is just setting next to the space the icon creates.  I have an orange square (35 x 35) in the top left corner as the unwatched icon, and the unwatched number of episodes overlays right next to this icon (to it's right).  When I create a 2 pixel by 35 pixel icon, it is still just to the right of it.  Looks good, so it's my solution at the moment.  Just and FYI if it makes any sense to you.

• 1 month later...
jwill

On the EHS, if the TV Season poster is missing, it would be good if Subdued would fall back to using the overall TV show poster instead. Currently, if Subdued is set to show the season poster (instead of an episode image), it falls back to just an icon instead of falling back to the overall TV show poster.

Edited by jwill

Cheesegeezer

On the EHS, if the TV Season poster is missing, it would be good if Subdued would fall back to using the overall TV show poster instead. Currently, if Subdued is set to show the season poster (instead of an episode image), it falls back to just an icon instead of falling back to the overall TV show poster.

I'll look into it, busy finishing off Xenon at the moment but will make some time hopefully soon

When there are whole missing Seasons displayed, Subdued does not put the selection on the first unplayed (non-missing) season when the behavior is set to "Default To First Unplayed Item". This is irksome when there is a show with a dozen or more missing seasons that have to be scrolled past.

I never noticed it, i'll take a look also when i devote some time to Subdued

jwill

I never noticed it, i'll take a look also when i devote some time to Subdued

Never mind about that second one, it is actually okay as is. Something had gotten marked watched that I thought was unwatched. Sorry for the false alarm!

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Never mind about that second one, it is actually okay as is. Something had gotten marked watched that I thought was unwatched. Sorry for the false alarm!

No probs mate.  

Darktree

Hello,

Just updated to MBC 3.0.187.0 and when in the Subdued Theme (My Favourite) the colours for highlighting a selected object have changed to Green and Yellow !!! Where before they were white. I have switched to Chocolate and the colours are okay.

Here is the main screen with Green Text which was white before upgrade:

53a5b45360710_screen1.png

And here is the Yellow Text when in a view, which again used to be white, even the Age logo is yellow:

53a5b527ea03a_screen2.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

CWNashvegas

Hello,

Just updated to MBC 3.0.187.0 and when in the Subdued Theme (My Favourite) the colours for highlighting a selected object have changed to Green and Yellow !!! Where before they were white. I have switched to Chocolate and the colours are okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Looks like your chosen style got changed to Neon. Navigate into Configure > Subdued General and look at the first item in the left column, Theme Style. Change it to The Original or whatever you think you might have had before and restart MBC. 

PS - It's my favorite too. :)

• Like 2

Darktree

Looks like your chosen style got changed to Neon. Navigate into Configure > Subdued General and look at the first item in the left column, Theme Style. Change it to The Original or whatever you think you might have had before and restart MBC. 

PS - It's my favorite too. :)

Thanks that fixed it, I'll have to blame some random clicking in the menu for that..... :unsure:

• 1 month later...
gdundan

This is a great looking theme.  Is it possible to enable watched icon next to TV shows in the detail view as is standard in other themes?  This is how my kids work out what they have seen or not.  Coverflow and the other styles are too tedious when listing a TV series with lots of episodes.

Also, any plan to add additional Watched Icon styles.  The white indicator does not stand out as well as the red ticks in Xenon and others.

Thanks!

• Like 1

yardameus

Hey Cheeze...  How much work would it be to throw in the jump in list into subdued?  This is still one of my faves thanks to the ultra-tweakable aspects of the styles and options.

yardameus

This is a great looking theme.  Is it possible to enable watched icon next to TV shows in the detail view as is standard in other themes?  This is how my kids work out what they have seen or not.  Coverflow and the other styles are too tedious when listing a TV series with lots of episodes.

Also, any plan to add additional Watched Icon styles.  The white indicator does not stand out as well as the red ticks in Xenon and others. 

Thanks!

You can make custom overlays in Subdued.  Here are the ones I made for my "custom" style. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjd6ntu14qq9ub8/orange%20overlay.zip

If you put these (or whatever other compatible images) into C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Subdued\CustomOverlays  you should be able to have whatever watched indicator you want.  Play around with it, google some images. 

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Hey Cheeze...  How much work would it be to throw in the jump in list into subdued?  This is still one of my faves thanks to the ultra-tweakable aspects of the styles and options.

It shouldn't take too long to implement ;)

• Like 1

gdundan

You can make custom overlays in Subdued.  Here are the ones I made for my "custom" style. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjd6ntu14qq9ub8/orange%20overlay.zip

If you put these (or whatever other compatible images) into C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Plugins\Subdued\CustomOverlays  you should be able to have whatever watched indicator you want.  Play around with it, google some images. 

Thanks yard.  I'll do that and play around with watched icon options.

As far as being able to show watched on the TV details view, how do I go about that.  If it requires programming, I doubt my 20 year old COBOL skills will pass the muster :-)

• 2 months later...
Cheesegeezer is it at all possible to add a search option to the Subdued theme like the one the default Chocolate theme has? Also how hard is it to implement an 'Upcoming TV Shows' button option on the main title screen? Thanks :)

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer is it at all possible to add a search option to the Subdued theme like the one the default Chocolate theme has? Also how hard is it to implement an 'Upcoming TV Shows' button option on the main title screen? Thanks :)

I need to give some love to Subdued, I realise that I have neglected her!!! I've just been caught up getting Xenon to a nice stage and I'm quite happy with it where it's stable and full of features.

As you may or may not be aware, I've just been continuing the work that @@rwhapham originally started back in the MB2 days to bring it MB3 and include the basic features.

So I guess here is a list of features that need adding to bring Subdued upto what I would call a feature rich theme.  @@radeon will probably want to chime in here, I know he loves a good moan ;)

Add Search

Add Next Up

Add Upcoming TV

Add Shortlist Feature

Add Jump In List (JIL)

Add Actor Bio with Collection

Anything else you might think of.

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer your a top bloke so you are and a diamond for continuing work on the awesome Subdued theme. I remember speaking to you often about the theme just before you took over working on it and it would be great if you could find the time to 'update' her with some new bells & whistles :)

I haven't tried the Xenon theme, I'll go do that now to see how it compares. I've been using Media Browser for some years now and always come back to the Subdued theme. I think it's because it's easy on the eye and the EHS screen displays recently added material in a decent view.

I tried the Chocolate theme last night for the first time in ages and was disappointed that the EHS just has plain text telling you what's been added recently rather than the nice shiny poster view of the TV Show/Movies coverart like Subdued has.

Somebody really needs to update the Chocolate EHS screen but I digress.....

Good luck Cheesegeezer and thanks for still giving the love to Subdued, she may be old and lost some of her looks but we still love her :)

Oh and forget the long list, you'll get bored doing all that lot - just add "Search" and "Upcoming TV" and we'll still love you all the same for it!

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

The long list should be quite easy to implement as all the hard work has already been done with UI elements and the code behind.  I'll get Search, Next Up and Upcoming TV in first and the shortlist(to keep @@radeon happy) and then start looking at the rest

• Like 2