new to emby with 2 questions

reverend

reverend

hi. i´m new to this tool because i´ve got a Tip from a member. 

2 things:

1-) i have some series with special episodes. some of this specials are listed between the seasons or between some episodes. for exaple: S00E08 should be listed between Episode 5 and 6. the local nfo from the special includes this rule:  <displayseason>1</displayseason>

<displayepisode>6</displayepisode> but anyway, emby lists it on the beginning of the series. i couldn´t find any informations about to change that. i´ve got some help here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36208-neu-bei-emby-und-ein-paar-fragen/#entry340828 butit also doenst work. these settings are not available in my edition. don´t know why.

2-) i have some big issues with the pathsituations. i´ve added the mediafolders via \\Servername\moviefolders and kodi is showing me them. i´ve made some several test folders but not everyone works. i´ve also tried it with the ip adress like \\192.168.0.151\moviefolder kodi shows all of them but doens´t play all. besides i could made playlists with it. after a long day (maybe 6 hours playing around with that thing) i´ve finally could create some playlists and added them to the main menu in my kodi skin for testing. but next time the folders were gone againa fter adding new ones and it doenst worked again. i´ve restarted the server, restarted the emby swerver, reinstalled kodi and emby added the directories again but it doenst work at the time. 

so maybe one of you got some tips? thx
Edited by reverend

Hey.

Maybe i can help with 2)

2) I have added my local folders and set up an Path substition:

Ex.: Goto Library -> Path substition -> add C:\DATA\MOVIES and \\COMPUTERNAME\MOVIES (MOVIES is the shared folder)

pOpY

Hi, for #1, we're going to add support for these for the next release of the server.

• Like 1

reverend

hi.

@Luke: i´ve done it exactly like in the wiki this was: 

Example:

You have a Movies library on the server as D:\Movies. This folder is also shared on the network as\\Server\Movies. You'd like to allow an Emby app on another machine direct access to the shared folder.

To do this, create a path substitution with the following values:

To: \\Server\Movies

This will allow some Emby apps to access the media directly and avoid having to stream or transcode using Emby Server.

the problem is Kodi finds the titles i´ve added, but some of them it can´t play. the files appears in Kodi but when i selecct them to watch Kodi tells that they arent available any more and want to delete it.

my problem is that i have more folders with movies and series and for everyone i have playlists so that i can add them in the main menu in kodi. just for optical reasons you know?

however, i think about it any maybe there are just some simple network problems in my network i guess. i´m changing my server hardware in the next two weeks and changing the software from WHS to Server 2012 and then i will try it again. thanks for your help.

Hi, for #1, we're going to add support for these for the next release of the server.

cool thanks for that
Edited by reverend

In that case I think we need to look at specific example and get to the bottom of it, thanks.

Angelblue05

Do you need network credentials to be able to access your content? What you can try is the following: In Kodi, go to settings > addons > install from zip > navigate to your content via smb. Does Kodi ask you for a user/pass at any time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reverend

i think that IS the problem. if i want to add a source via smb in Kodi its no problem. he isnt asking for a password/user in any way. works perfect every time. but thats just the way of Kodi itself. The problem is Emby. it worked 1 time and then never again. its a very special problem, dont know. i will setup my server tomorrow new (cause of hardware change) and will try it again then and report.

• Like 1

reverend

thx for your help by now. as i´ve said i have my new hardware and at the moment i make a new setup from everything and will try it again in the next days.