Can't access Dashboard

MCJones
Go to solution Solved by MCJones,

MCJones

Doofus, I have Comcast but own my own motorola surfbard modem and Dlink router.  Everything worked fine until I started dinking with some windows settings.

Happy2Play. I'm using Avast Anti virus and use Malwarebytes. Niether found anything. Like I said, I must have borked something in windows.

Anyway thanks Luke and Ado for your help getting me up and running. This is a great program.

I'm surprised the public port made any difference with localhost but great catch Abo.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Deleting the previous rules then "setting IsPortAuthorized, change value to false" probably would have worked also.  I would thinks something with the previous setting were corrupt or there is something else on MCJones system that is using that port.

• Solution
MCJones

I figured out what happened.  My BitTorrent client was listening on port 8096, choosing a different port to listen to fixed it. 

Thanks Happy2Play for making me think to look there.

-=Matt=-

• Like 1

Good day,

Yes, changing the port was the idea something else running taking that port, normal, so our suggestion was to see if that correct by changing the port for emby server, when that success, then next as you did by finding other app like bittorrent.

Thanks for reporting back the issue, well done.

My best