Can't access Dashboard

MCJones
Go to solution Solved by MCJones,

MCJones

When I try to open the server dashboard, all that is displayed is "Invalid Request" in the browser.

It started when I tried to set a static IP address for the computer that runs the server after a windows 10 upgrade. A friend was having trouble connecting from outside, but my local devices had no problem. I have undone everything I did but still no access. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no luck. I've tried turning off the firewall and my antivirus, but that didn't work

I've attached a log from after things went south as well as the latest after the reinstall.

Love the product, but I'm stumped as to what to do next.

Thanks

-=Matt=-

server-63602150400.txt

server-63602299848.txt

hi, what address are you trying to use in the browser? your external address or local address?

Are you sure the server is running? because your log looks OK to me and it shows hundreds of successful requests being satisfied over localhost.

For testing purposes try removing any plugin dll files from

C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\plugins

then startup the server.

Ok, it appears to me that Emby Server is running normally but perhaps something is blocking the traffic. If you have any security software i would check that, and/or windows firewall.

Turning off the firewall often will not solve these types of issues because I think Windows still restricts things when it isn't running.  I would check its configuration instead and be sure the proper rules are in place.

Good day,

Yes, some time localhost will have issue when looping, so make sure what IP settings you PC have and go directly to it as Luke said.

Also, consider using another browser just for testing the issue.

Again, enable your anti-virus, no need to disable it, then in it settings, give the emby server trusted flag.

My best

You said you assigned a static ip address, right? that would be the one to use if that's the machine running emby server.

are you sure that emby server is running? what happens if you right click the tray icon, then select configure emby server?

by tray icon i mean the green emby icon that appears near the windows clock after starting emby server.

MCJones

It's running. I can right click and restart it, but if I choose Configure Emby Server, I get invalid request.

What it looks like to me is Emby Server is starting up normally without any problems, but then something out of our control is blocking network traffic from reaching the server. What that is we have no way of knowing, it's something purely environmental, which could be firewall, security software, or virus, malware, etc.

What we can try to do is switch Emby Server to a new port in hopes that it might be able to trick whatever is blocking the traffic. Since you can't access the web interface, try the following.

- Shutdown Emby Server, then use a text editor such as notepad to open the file

C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\config\system.xml

- locate the setting HttpServerPortNumber. Change the value to 8096.

- locate the setting IsPortAuthorized, change value to false

Then save and close the file and start up emby server. Also in case you haven't tried this already, I would also reboot the computer.

MCJones

No change. 

I'm thinking of the nuclear option going back to Windows 7 then updating to 10 again. This time setting a restore point.  

Good day,

As Luke last reply, again change the 2 lines I highlight in the system.xml to be 8099, then save the file and restart the emby server:

576ded54e86e5_20160625_52929.jpg

Let me know if that solve the issue.

My best

Good day,

As Luke last reply, again change the 2 lines I highlight in the system.xml to be 8099, then save the file and restart the emby server:

576ded54e86e5_20160625_52929.jpg

Let me know if that solve the issue.

My best

Thanks Abo. If he's just testing inside his local network right now, the public port doesn't matter yet. The public port = the router port, which only comes into play for external connections.

• Like 1

Forgot to add, when the emby server running, simply try localhost:8099 or yourpcip:8099 from the browser.

Thanks Abo. If he's just testing inside his local network right now, the public port doesn't matter yet. The public port = the router port, which only comes into play for external connections.

Thanks Luke, yes true indeed.

Guest asrequested

What ISP and router are you using? I have comcast and the firewall in their Aris router caused some blocking issues for me. I had to disable it. I've since bought my own modem and router.