#41 cybe OFFLINE  

cybe

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 08:20 PM
  • Locationgermany

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

Anything going on relating this issue?

Issue is present here too. it would be nice if emby shows all movies that have genres in their metadata in the genre view/tab of the clients. Seems pretty useless like it is right now for me. Some Genres even are completely ignored somehow. i have movies that are tagged with genres that are not displayed in the genre view (tried the web client at the moment). Also some genres that are displayed missing the genre poster/thumb. some genres have a default poster/thumb from the beginning and some are missing.

Edited by cybe, 12 November 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#42 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134615 posts
  • Local time: 03:20 PM

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:46 PM

It already does this. I am not currently aware of any issues of genres being not displayed, so the best thing to do is discuss an example in depth and in detail. Thanks.

#43 Tester OFFLINE  

Tester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Local time: 02:20 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

It already does this. I am not currently aware of any issues of genres being not displayed, so the best thing to do is discuss an example in depth and in detail. Thanks.

Luke, this issue has returned, I am not able to see all of my genres nor can I access new movies under those missing genres.

Following your lead, what additional info/screenshots would you need to troubleshoot this issue ?  I have already posted as much as I am aware of, but would be happy to add more detail as instructed.

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134615 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Can you go over some examples? thanks.

#45 Tester OFFLINE  

Tester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Luke, please see my initial post first since it is the same issue and is described in detail including screenshots.

Then please let me know what else I can add.. and thanks

#46 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134615 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

That is very old now so I think we will need to start from the beginning. The important thing is to check the genres that are set for each individual movie, those are the genres you will see in the all genres view.

#47 Tester OFFLINE  

Tester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Yes, that has all been confirmed, all my movies are set correctly and the issue is exactly as described in the initial post... As a matter of fact, it seems that the same genres that were not present in that initial post are now exactly the same that do not appear now.

Having said that, what would you like for me to post ?  Latest logs ?

#48 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 134615 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

A newer set of screenshots would actually be more helpful. thanks.

#49 Tester OFFLINE  

Tester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

Luke.. I was really struggling to understand why I needed to post everything all over again when the issue is exactly as stated in the initial posts.

But now glad you got me to look into it since it seems the problem is not the same.

What I found is that many of my movies, all under a particular missing genre, have had their genre id blasted clear.  I went through all the missing movies and recreated the genre id which caused the movies to reappear.

I then opened the genre cleaner and noticed that the MAP TO setting was incorrect only on the missing genres.  I went ahead and uninstalled genre cleaner and now all is fine.

I would like to reinstall this plugin, but should we try to troubleshoot the root cause first ?  If so, please advise.

#50 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46059 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:06 AM

Luke.. I was really struggling to understand why I needed to post everything all over again when the issue is exactly as stated in the initial posts.

But now glad you got me to look into it since it seems the problem is not the same.

What I found is that many of my movies, all under a particular missing genre, have had their genre id blasted clear.  I went through all the missing movies and recreated the genre id which caused the movies to reappear.

I then opened the genre cleaner and noticed that the MAP TO setting was incorrect only on the missing genres.  I went ahead and uninstalled genre cleaner and now all is fine.

I would like to reinstall this plugin, but should we try to troubleshoot the root cause first ?  If so, please advise.

And that's why we request new information whenever anything has changed - because even though the symptom may look the same to the user, often times what is actually happening is different :).  Thanks for the investigation.

Can you describe what "the map to setting was incorrect" means?

• Tester likes this

#51 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15087 posts
  • Local time: 12:20 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Since you uninstalled the plugin, I would ensure you manually delete the config file before reinstall as uninstall does not remove the configurations.  (\Emby-Server\plugins\configurations\GenreCleaner.xml)

Edited by Happy2Play, 31 May 2017 - 04:10 PM.

#52 Tester OFFLINE  

Tester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Ebr, I made the mistake to uninstall fairly quickly without first taking notes.. but what I do remember is the the missing genres did not have the correct selection in the pull down menu for selection, only those genres that I was able to see.  Sorry if this is confusing.

Happy2Play, thanks for the tip, I will make sure those files are deleted before I reinstall the plugin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: genre, genre clearner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users