Missing Genres

Tester

Tester

I have noticed missing Genres from my movie library ( WMC, Android, http ) the last few releases ( uncertain when the issue started ).

I am able to see all movies in default view

5768141460193_ServerMovies.png

but not all movies are displayed in Genre view due to missing Genres

5768144682b75_ServerGenre.png

I have tried uninstalling/installing latest Genre Cleaner

Restarted server and several library scans

Server 3.1.31.0

Genre Cleaner 1.0.1.8

Koleckai Silvestri

The genre cleaner can wipe out all your genres if you're not very careful. I've had that happen several times in the past. Currently, I have exactly one mapping with the Genre Cleaner... Science Fiction maps to Sci-Fi. When I reinstalled it the last time, I imported all existing genres and allowed them. Seems to be working okay with my library.

To fix this, you have to uninstall the Genre Cleaner plugin. Refresh all of your movie metadata. Reinstall the plugin. Very carefully import your existing genres and then provide your mappings.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Tester

Koleckai, already tried exactly that and still same results.. Always the same genres show up.  Is there a way to complete reset the genre settings ?

• 2 weeks later...
Tester

I removed my Movie library and added it back.. After a few hours a few more Genres show up but still not all.

I have completely removed the Genre plugin with same results.

Unfortunately I am not sure which version of the server caused this problem, I will most likely have to revert back to the latest stable.

How do we revert back ? Download stable and install ?

if you have metadata inside your media folders, check the genres listed inside that metadata.

Plus, since movies can have multiple genres, the numbers you are adding up may never equate.

Happy2Play

Plus, since movies can have multiple genres, the numbers you are adding up may never equate.

True, but Genre would have a higher count then Movies not less.

How do we revert back ? Download stable and install ?

Not sure you can revert back with the database updates.

Edited by Happy2Play

not if his movies are missing genres. what he sees onscreen should be consistent with what is in his metadata files.

Right.  What it looks like from this far away is that he has local metadata and some of the movies have zero genres.

• Like 1

Tester

Hey guys, sorry for late response, short 4th VAC.

I keep my genres down to a min and also 1 ( maybe 2 ) per movie... Hence why I like using the plugin which keeps my genres down to only a few.

Yes, I do keep my metadata inside my media folders and have checked some of the movies which do not register and have found them to have a set genre.

Next, I will delete one of the non registered genre movies, add it back to the library and let the system create the new meta to see what happens.

Tester

I tried adding a brand new movie, a documentary.  Server picked it up, found meta and assigned 3 genre ( including documentary ).

As with the rest of the movies, the new movies shows up in the Movie view but not in the Genre view.

Not sure what else to do, but this happened at some point when I updated the server, I have not changed anything in my library.

Attached logs and my meta settings

577f9c5006893_Untitled.png

server-63603414545.txt

Happy2Play

No new media appearing that log.

Do the genres appear on the Movies details page?

577fa6dba5c95_details.jpg

Tester

Yes, this is the latest movie I added which shows up in Movie view but not Genre view.

577fa8fe55b37_Untitled.jpg

Tester

Luke, see first post.. only certain Genres show up, not all like it used to be.

The latest movie I added above does now show up in the Genre view because all these of those particular Genres ( Doc, Bio, Drama ) are not shown in the genre view.

Tester

Exactly as shown in 1st post except that the movie count incremented to 107 and the added movie does show up in the movie view.

Happy2Play

So if you click on any of the genres that are shown in post #13 do they open, since they are not listed in post #1?

Tester

Happy, good idea, I had not done this before.

I clicked on each of the 3 shown genres in post #13:  Opens up that Genre but no movies are listed

what does library setup look like? is this a library with content type Movies?

Tester

I removed the Movie library and created a new one in a different folder.
I then added a Horror movie which showed up in the Movie and Genre views.

I then added a Documentary movie which showed up in the movie but not Genre views.

This seems to be extremely persistent and making my Movie library useless.

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't say useless, as I would imagine all the other screens work.

If you use the search function to search for some of these movies, what do the search results look like? can we see that? thanks.

Happy2Play

I don't think this is your issue but as a test can you go to http://localhost:8096/web/movies.html then genre do you see a difference in movie count? 

(Note if you navigate to Movies via Emby remove the ?topParentId=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and refresh page)

Entering either Folder contains the same media.

5787dfc7cbb29_genre1.jpg

5787dfb7b4fbe_genre2.jpg