Lav Filters

mata7

babgvant

Oh so this is ready to use? I didn't even check.

Doubtful. I don't think Luke has even accepted the changes yet :).

puithove

The settings will be added automatically after they are saved through the UI (navigate to the audio/video settings, then back out). Close ET, open the XML to edit.

Audio processor is either the GUID or name of the filter to load.

SW DI defaults to 0, replace with the number of the scheme you want.

None = 0

YADIF = 1

W3FDIF_Simple = 2

W3FDIF_Complex = 3

That'll work.  Thanks again!

Sammy

So.. Did @[member=mata7] ever get 3D MKV MVC playback working?

I'm interested in that because I have a few 3D rips, still in ISO for playback using Arcsoft Total Media 5.x but I want to move on to ET for my playback solution in its entirety. 

Edited by Sammy

Guest asrequested

Yeah I hope he figured it out. Sorry again for hijacking this thread  :(

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

It's in the release. I don't know how to use it. It's going to be hidden config only.

I'm looking at the directshow file. Does this value need to change?

<Ac3EncodingMode>0</Ac3EncodingMode>

babgvant

@@babgvant I'm pretty sure I need to put the filter I want to use in here, <AudioProcessor /> but nothing I've tried makes any difference. 

<AudioProcessor>ffdshow Audio Decoder</AudioProcessor> should work assuming that ffdshow is installed on the PC.

If it doesn't you'll need to enable debug logging and send me a log file.

babgvant

I'm looking at the directshow file. Does this value need to change?

<Ac3EncodingMode>0</Ac3EncodingMode>

I'd forgotten about this option. If you change it to 1 (Auto) or 2 (Forced) and use the WASAPI AR it might do what you want too.

AdrianW

I just tried changing the 0 to a 1 in <Ac3EncodingMode>0</Ac3EncodingMode> and my 5.1 AAC is now playing as 5.1 AC3 (instead of 2.0 PCM) :D - and the server still says it's Direct Playing :)

Well done guys - this is fantastic.

• Like 1

AdrianW

I just tried changing the 0 to a 1 in <Ac3EncodingMode>0</Ac3EncodingMode> and my 5.1 AAC is now playing as 5.1 AC3 (instead of 2.0 PCM) :D - and the server still says it's Direct Playing :)

Spoke too soon - it works on my SPDIF connected PC, but not on the main HTPC which has audio connected via HDMI. :(

babgvant

Spoke too soon - it works on my SPDIF connected PC, but not on the main HTPC which has audio connected via HDMI. :(

On your HDMI system you should get 6 channel PCM instead. Why would you want to encode that with a lossy process?

(I think that's what 2 [Force] would do).

AdrianW

On your HDMI system you should get 6 channel PCM instead. Why would you want to encode that with a lossy process?

You know what? - you're right. Did something change there? I could have sworn 5.1 AAC was coming through as 2.0 PCM previously.

Guest asrequested

This looks good. I'll test it tonight and report back. I think I will be setting it to 2 and forcing AC3 as I want my receiver to process into Atmos.

Guest asrequested

So here's a question. The AC3 encode setting, does that use Ffmpeg? Am I right in saying I don't need ffdshow if enable that?

Guest asrequested

Ok, I finally got to test this out. With the AC3 encoder set to 1, playing a stereo AAC track, it does get changed to AC3. Fabulous! To change a multi track AAC (5.1) to AC3, you do need to set it to 2, and works great. Fabulous! 

Trying to put ffdshow Audio Decoder in as the processor, just locks and crashes ET. 

Here's the thing. While using the first option, for those who are trying it. Other stereo tracks, ie. MP3 etc will also get AC3 encoded. So when playing music in ET, it will also be AC3. Not so much of a big deal for me, as I use musicbee to play music. As it affords me the ability to play music in all channel, which ET does not yet do.

My hope is that one day, ET will develop to the point that music will be separated from all the AV, as how we listen to music is different to how we listen to AV media. Music needs to have its own settings.

@@babgvant If you'd like to do some debugging with the processor option, I will gladly help. Tell me what you require, and I shall provide it. But I understand if you're busy and this is a low priority :)

• Like 1