Library sync thread has exited...

pavan.a

pavan.a

Tired both the beta and non beta versions of emby plugin for kodi. I'm on the beta version of the server.

Here is the error from the log:

14:49:02 T:2508  NOTICE: EMBY TVShows -> UPDATE episode itemid: 0801719be23b03458fcbe45a1b1aaedf - Title: Many Heads, One Tale
14:49:02 T:2508  NOTICE: EMBY Artwork -> Updating Art url for thumb kodiId: 582 (http://192.168.0.24:8096/emby/Items/d2f5c4e60da15db3536523e271c0ff0f/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0&Tag=6f747f9688faf12035c0b0f7ae2fee81) -> (http://192.168.0.24:8096/emby/Items/d2f5c4e60da15db3536523e271c0ff0f/Images/Primary?MaxWidth=400&MaxHeight=400&Index=0&Tag=8abe47d3cda40b6e877ab1dce7e08600)
14:49:04 T:3892  NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
14:49:05 T:2508   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-14:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 949, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 1024, in run_internal
                                                librarySync = self.startSync()
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 96, in startSync
                                                completed = ManualSync().sync()
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 1078, in sync
                                                return self.fullSync(manualrun=True, forceddialog=dialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 282, in fullSync
                                                completed = process[itemtype](embycursor, kodicursor, pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\tv\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 1413, in tvshows
                                                title = episode['SeriesName']
                                            KeyError: 'SeriesName'

Angelblue05

Hm, what's your file naming for the episode? Seems like it's potentially misidentified.

Angelblue05

Ok, well try to refresh the episode in your emby metadata manager. See if it helps with your problem. For some reason, the episode does not return the series name in the api response, which usually means it's not properly/fully identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

I'll make adjustments for the next beta build, to prevent the error from happening and crashing the addon

Thanks for reporting :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

joggs

I also get the library thread exit error but with a different error reason it seems.

The bottom of the log says:

File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 949, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 1024, in run_internal
                                                librarySync = self.startSync()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 96, in startSync
                                                completed = ManualSync().sync()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 1078, in sync
                                                return self.fullSync(manualrun=True, forceddialog=dialog)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 282, in fullSync
                                                completed = process[itemtype](embycursor, kodicursor, pDialog)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/librarysync.py", line 1378, in tvshows
                                                tvshows.add_update(embytvshow, viewName, viewId)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/itemtypes.py", line 1012, in add_update
                                                if utils.settings('syncEmptyShows') == "false" and not item['RecursiveItemCount']:
                                            KeyError: 'RecursiveItemCount'

..which made me think something was wrong with an empty show directory, and yes, I found that the upcoming show westworld was added by one of my automation tools as a folder with thumbnails etc, in my monitored tv directory. 'Sync empty tv shows' was disabled in kodi emby settings, so I enabled it and restarted kodi, and the sync passed without errors, so there is another usecase that we should try to handle more gracefully. Do you need more information, please ping me.
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting @@joggs.

@@Luke - Is it normal for the RecursiveItemCount key to be missing for an empty show? I will make it so it doesn't crash, but it's the first time I see this happen. I have plenty of empty shows and they return the key regardless...

Edit: Nevermind, it's flagged as optional in swagger-ui.

Edited by Angelblue05

Behelit

Hello, i had the same problem and with the alpha build i have a similar one:

20:17:05 T:2864   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-10:
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 912, in run
                                                self.run_internal()
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 995, in run_internal
                                                self.incrementalSync()
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\librarysync.py", line 864, in incrementalSync
                                                doupdate = items_process.itemsbyId(items, process_type, pDialog)
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\itemtypes.py", line 202, in itemsbyId
                                                actions[process](item)
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\itemtypes.py", line 1464, in add_updateEpisode
                                                self.kodi_db.addPeople(episodeid, people, "episode")
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\kodidb_functions.py", line 427, in addPeople
                                                self.artwork.addOrUpdateArt(thumb, actorid, arttype, "thumb", self.cursor)
                                              File "C:\Users\Behelit\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\artwork.py", line 430, in addOrUpdateArt
                                                imageType in ("fanart", "poster")):
                                            NameError: global name 'imageType' is not defined

• Like 1