Watched marks disappearing all the time

keem85

keem85

I have a problem with watched marks on series. They are marked for the evening, but the next day, many of them or all of them are gone.. I'm not sure if it's a problem on the server side or on the Kodi client side.. Not sure why my watched mark gets erased. Anyone experiencing the same?

We sync watched data to nfo files so make sure no other program is touching your nfo's. we've seen lots of examples of this where people have other software that updates the nfo's but doesn't preserve the watched data. if you're not sure, then just turn off the watch data to nfo sync feature in nfo settings.

• Like 1

keem85

We sync watched data to nfo files so make sure no other program is touching your nfo's. we've seen lots of examples of this where people have other software that updates the nfo's but doesn't preserve the watched data. if you're not sure, then just turn off the watch data to nfo sync feature in nfo settings.

Hi!

Thanks for the heads up! Should I delete the .nfo file in each episode folder? I'm not sure how to check if other programs is touching my .nfo files.. I have Sonarr, Couch Potato and SABnzb running along with Emby

They probably are touching them. You need to decide between two options:

- Turn off the setting in Emby NFO options to sync user data to nfo files

OR

- Go to the communities of those other apps and ask them to preserve watch data anytime they modify an nfo file.

keem85

OR

- Go to the communities of those other apps and ask them to preserve watch data anytime they modify an nfo file.

Thanks!

I'll try the first option first I think.. I need the watched data on all of my devices, ipad, pc, phone and kodi :)

keem85

OR

Hi

I didn't find the NFO settings in Emby. I went to settings on the add-on menu, and I looked through every option there but coudn't find it. What is the setting called exactly?

keem85

Go into the emby server dashboard -> metadata -> nfo settings.

So I choose "<empty space>" on "Sync user watch data to nfo's for:"? There's no place to disable this, only choosing an empty space

EDIT: I tried choosing the empty space, but now I can't get any "seasons" showing up on my shows.. Everything looks messed up

Edited by keem85

Angelblue05

Sounds like perhaps clean database ran in Kodi and wiped entries created by the add-on. Try launching the Emby addon - repair database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

keem85

Sounds like perhaps clean database ran in Kodi and wiped entries created by the add-on. Try launching the Emby addon - repair database.

I can't find that plugin. Maybe it's obsolete?

Angelblue05

Clean database is a built-in task in Kodi, not an add-on. Regardless, just launch the emby for kodi add-on > repair database, it should recreate the missing entries that Kodi might have wiped away during the cleaning. It can happen if you remove a source in Kodi, etc. Changing the watch status settings in Emby would not mess with the emby for Kodi library in any way.

Edited by Angelblue05

keem85

Clean database is a built-in task in Kodi, not an add-on. Regardless, just launch the emby for kodi add-on > repair database, it should recreate the missing entries that Kodi might have wiped away during the cleaning. It can happen if you remove a source in Kodi, etc. Changing the watch status settings in Emby would not mess with the emby for Kodi library in any way.

Thanks I found it. Was able to fix it.. But it doesn't seem like my lucky day today.. Now, every time that Emby server starts (on my server), I get "Unhandled exception: One or more errors occurred." upon server start. Ever seen that before?

keem85

Do you mind posting your Kodi log, it should give us more info as to what this error is? http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks, I didn't even think of logs. Sorry! But here's the error-log:

One or more errors occurred.
System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.MainStartup.RunApplication(ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, Boolean runService, StartupOptions options)
   at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.MainStartup.Main()
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.CreateSocket()
   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener(ILogger logger, String host, Int32 port, HttpListener listener, Boolean secure)
   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal(ILogger logger, String p, HttpListener listener)
   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener(ILogger logger, HttpListener listener)
   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpListener.Start()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.Start(String listeningAtUrlBase)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerManager.ServerManager.ReloadHttpServer(IEnumerable`1 urlPrefixes, String certificatePath)
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.StartServer()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.FindParts()
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1.<Init>d__4.MoveNext()

Angelblue05

I won't be able to help with server errors. Only with Kodi ones, sorry. You may need to redirect the question to the server forums...

• Like 1

keem85

I won't be able to help with server errors. Only with Kodi ones, sorry. You may need to redirect the question to the server forums...

Ok I will do. Thanks very much for your help! Both of you!

I will try and see if the watched marks are staying in Kodi.

• Like 1