Auto organize question

roberth58

Starlionblue

Sorry wrong answer. "The Librarian" were the TV movies that later turned into "The Librarians (2014)" series. "The Librarians" is an Australian show about librarians. All of this info is on the tvdb site.

Ah. Was not aware.

Seems like a tricky one given they have the same name.

Yes I have both shows, thats why it showed 16 episodes of The Librarians as duplicates for The Librarians (2014).

The show folders are named The Librarians and The Librarians (2014) exactly as tvdb names them

the.librarians.s01e04.mkv, auto organize will match this to The Librarians (2014)

the.librarians.2014.s01e04.mkv, auto organize will match this to The Librarians (2014)

the match string was "the.librarians"

Filebot also gets confused between the 2 shows, but unlike auto organize it lists the show names that it finds that are close and you can pick the correct one. Auto organize does not give you a chance to correct a show that it has matched in error.

To fix it I ran filebot to fix the titles, copied the files to the correct folder, ran a scan and emby happily created the thumbs and nfo files. This also worked last week when auto organize refused to pickup episodes for 5 different shows that has been listed on tvdb for at least a week. As soon as I renamed them and moved them to their folders emby could then find the info on tvdb and added them to my library.

This is an extremely rare case. It's not only that there are two shows with the same name: You even have both of them in your library!

When incoming files are named like "the.librarians.s01e04.mkv" without the year it is impossible to automatically choose the correct series.

At the moment, Auto-Organize will just use the first one that matches.

SmartMatch doesn't help here, because it only jumps in when the series cannot be identified automatically.

Maybe we could change this, and process SmartMatch strings _before_ automatic identification....

roberth58

This is an extremely rare case. It's not only that there are two shows with the same name: You even have both of them in your library!

When incoming files are named like "the.librarians.s01e04.mkv" without the year it is impossible to automatically choose the correct series.

At the moment, Auto-Organize will just use the first one that matches.

SmartMatch doesn't help here, because it only jumps in when the series cannot be identified automatically.

Maybe we could change this, and process SmartMatch strings _before_ automatic identification....

Even better, I actually have all 3 shows mentioned above :)  However the shows do not have the same names. Tvdb often uses (year) or (country) to differentiate. "Hostages" and "Hostages (IL)" are not the same show.  With the number of tv shows being remade this problem is going to keep happening. Yes processing smart strings first may help, or maybe add the same logic that filebot uses. It shows every show it finds that is a close match and lets the user decide which one is correct. This would be a novel approach for auto organize :)

I think that would be a good idea either: If auto-organize finds multiple matches in the local library: just don't process automatically.