Subtitles causing playback to not work on Firetv stick

Ponyo

Did you also fix the apostrophe problem? Seems like that's fixed as well,maybe?

That's an issue at the server level I believe.

Thanks for confirming the other fix.

Ponyo

I did some testing and it's 80% working.

With no hardware transcoding pgssubs and dvdsubs still have problems. Even with subtitles set to none (in the settings set to no subtitels and after starting the video the menu shows none) it will always pick the first subtitle track. Trying to select a different subtitle will cause the same problem as before.

The android app has a similar issue but on android it does show the subtitle track is selected and selecting none does turn off subs after skipping a bit to reset the transcoding.

With intel quicksync enable things are a bit more iffy. Now I only turned that on today and to my delight it now works far better than before and performance is great. My i3 nuc can easily do three tramscodes at the same time while with no hardware transcoding it does only one.

Anyway with intel quicksync turned on pgssubs and dvdsubs have the same issue, as well as internal srt subs. External srt is fine and ass as well.

Also with quicksync changing audio tracks stops the video showing the loading circle and in some cases videos might not start. Backing out, waiting a couple of seconds and trying again seems to solve that. Didn't notice this happening with quicksync turned off.

The android app doesn't suffer from these issues.

I'll try uploading the transcoding logs later this weekend.

Sent from my HTL23 using Tapatalk

Please try this again on 1.2.5.

I've completely re-done the playback decision logic and I think your situation will benefit from it.

Thanks.

Ponyo

Please try this again on 1.2.5.

I've completely re-done the playback decision logic and I think your situation will benefit from it.

Thanks.

Ebr the update isn't being delivered to my device. It's still on 1.200a and I don't have any update button or anything.

Ebr the update isn't being delivered to my device. It's still on 1.200a and I don't have any update button or anything.

Did you ever join the Fire TV beta?

Okay so that's why.  Is it possible for you to do that?

You'll need to follow the instructions for Amazon here: Android Open Beta Testing

Please be sure you set the marketing options first.  Thx.

Ponyo

Sure. I've decided to buy another Firetv stick to test with at home because doing all this at my gfs place just isn't very practical.

Probably pass it down to my parents when I fly back to Europe for vacation in August.

Sent from my HTL23 using Tapatalk