Internal player and MadVr, optimization pass

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

Now ET is really more stable than the beginning of the year, I would like to ask for a question here about the Internal Player. First of all, thx for the great job you've done on Emby ecosystem, it's now amazing!!!

So, I tried ET on different Windows 10 computers, and I saw different capacity on these computers :

- Laptop 1 bought 3 weeks ago : I can play with ET and Madvr with smooth playback activated. Beginning of the movies is stuttering for around 2 seconds, so it's very good.

- Laptop 2 which is 5 years old : here I can't play without stuttering a lot with MadVr activated, but with EVR+ it's ok. Not so bad, but the lack of Smooth playback disturb me a little bit ;-) Scrolling my entire library is almost fluid.

- My HTPC, Fx8350, 16 gigs of RAM and Gtx 750 ti : It's ok there! All options are working!

- Little Wintel W8 Pro mini-PC Intel Cherry Trail Z8300 1.44 Ghz Windows 10 2G of RAM : Here it's more difficult. Movements in library scrolling are less fluids and I can only play videos with EVR+. Video can stutter for 10 seconds at the beginning though.

I want to mention that I tested MPC with MadVr on Laptop 2 only and videos are well played with Smooth playback. Anyway the Windows 10 default video player seems to be able to play all file formats effortless...

So isn't the time to think about something new? If I'm right, the current internal player is the same as what we had in the old ET, right? Maybe there is something light which could be implemented? MPC-HC? Default Windows 10 video player?

I know we've got External players now, and thank you a lot for this. But internal player could do a great job too, and is essential when we travel to remote access with a Wintel W8 Pro mini-PC for instance...

So is it planned to improve this internal player soon?

Edited by jscoys