Websites to share your collection online?

theusedversion

theusedversion

What website do you use to show your collection online?  I am looking for a website that will allow me to share my collection with friends and family and hopefully allow me to import my collection from Emby/Kodi via CSV (or any other means) if at all possible.  Does anything like that exist?  I have no problem paying for such a service.  I used to use this site:

https://connect.collectorz.com/movies/

It's interface is so fantastic for sharing.  You can sort and filter by just about everything and you can edit many of the fields and even upload your own movie covers if you don't like the one they have.    It's almost the perfect site.  Except for two things.  One: they maintain their own database which is severely lacking compared to TMDb.  I have no idea why they won't just pull the info from TMDb.  If a movie is missing from their database, you can request them to add it and they will add it within 24 hours usually.  They're good about that but they don't update the cast list to my liking and will often leave many people out.  But that isn't as necessary for an online sharing site.  Two:  You have to add movies one by one.  There is no import function.  So that means a ton of work if you have a large collection. 

I sent an email to Trakt.tv to see if there are any options available there because of the Emby plugin but I haven't heard back from them yet. 

Letterboxd seems to have a really flexible csv importer for lists so you should be able to use them if you sign up for a Pro account.  I believe you would need to generate a csv file with Emby and then delete all the columns except for title and year and then upload it on their site.  It will give you the option to match movies to their database/make changes when you are importing.  But I really don't like the way their lists are setup though. 

So what do you use if any?

Deathsquirrel

I provide an external link to Emby and a username with no playback rights.

• Like 1

theusedversion

I heard back from Trakt.  You can sync your collection to their site with the Kodi plugin.  But it won't work if you are using the Emby for Kodi plugin.  In that case, it won't see your database and think you have no movies to upload.  But the functionality exists.  They advised me to post here and see if whoever made the Emby plugin for Trakt could possible add the ability to sync your collection because the functionality does exist with them.  Anyways, here is a link on how to sync with Kodi.  If the Emby devs made that plugin, I would sure love this functionality like the Kodi version has. 

https://blog.trakt.tv/kodi-scrobbler-sync-plugin-1f148b5070a5#.h1ea9j6n9

Vidman

The trakt plugin for emby will sync your collection to trakt already. It is a scheduled task

Edited by Vidman

theusedversion

The trakt plugin for emby will sync your collection to trakt already. It is a scheduled task

Well, that's just fantastic.  I got the impression from the guy over there that he found it strange that there was nothing in the settings screen when I showed him a screenshot.  Going to give it a shot now.  Thanks.

Vidman

so if it works for you and you are using kodi you should remove the kodi trakt addon as using both can cause issues

theusedversion

so if it works for you and you are using kodi you should remove the kodi trakt addon as using both can cause issues

Yep, will do.  Thanks.  I'm only interested in the collection sync and don't really care about ratings or watched status syncing and all that jazz.