Music queues

BloodyIron

BloodyIron

Hi Folks,

Testing out Emby, looking to maybe take the plunge and move from subsonic.

Now, the video stuff is rad as all that and a bag of chips.

But the music stuff feels like a bit of an after-thought, but only in a few small regards.

Now, I am playing an album. I can't figure out a convenient way to see the play queue, except I have to go what I assume is the mobile control for it (looks like a phone icon). Then I go to queue, and I can't modify the order or anything. Now, surely this must be easier. This seems like the kind of feature that would be easily noticed as sucking earlier. Or maybe it sucks? I can't find a nice queue page, with re-ordering, adding/removing from the queue, etc.

I know playlists now have a nice drag and drop functionality, but the queue seems like a forgotten function. What's up with that?

Or, just tell me I'm wrong, show me how, and I'll enjoy the functionality I'm somehow missing.

Please send help?

• 2 weeks later...

It is just a level of refinement we haven't gotten to everywhere yet.  Some of the apps have slightly better support for queues and some have worse.

You are correct that the vast majority of our users are primarily video-consumers.  That doesn't mean we don't want to do everything we can for music too but it does mean those items may take more time.

BloodyIron

Hey man I can dig it! I just wanted to know what the state of it was is all :) Is there like a place I can see the roadmap for something like this?

Is there a mobile app you can recommend that does handle music queues nicely? Or something of similar effect. As in, re-arranging, etc.

It is just a level of refinement we haven't gotten to everywhere yet.  Some of the apps have slightly better support for queues and some have worse.

You are correct that the vast majority of our users are primarily video-consumers.  That doesn't mean we don't want to do everything we can for music too but it does mean those items may take more time.

• 4 weeks later...
BloodyIron

Aww yis! Is there any way I can help test or something? :)

Hi, we're looking at improving this, thanks.