Something Weird is Going On...

theniteow1

theniteow1

Yes, V is VLC and I is the internal player.

I know some people are direct streaming from Server WMC but you have to have the options set properly on that end.  It is also possible that not all tuners will be able to be direct streamed via the third-party plugins.

@@ebr @@krustyreturns Guys, do you think there is a possibility that the ServerWMC plug-in needs to be updated in some fashion?  The behavior seems to be that ServerWMC get's the request to tune in the channel, ServerWMC starts streaming, but nothing ever comes back to Emby Server.  Looking at the dashboard it sees the client is online, but it doesn't show anything being streamed.

krustyreturns

Sorry I am late to this, I really only check the serverwmc sub-forum and I don't always notice the user name links - so its best to get my attention there.  So the problem is swmc is streaming but you android app is not playing anything?  What happens if you use another client, like a web browser?  I looked at the serverwmc log you posted and, like you said, the serverwmc streaming started with out a problem.  Have you check the emby transcode log to see if it reports an error?

theniteow1

Sorry I am late to this, I really only check the serverwmc sub-forum and I don't always notice the user name links - so its best to get my attention there.  So the problem is swmc is streaming but you android app is not playing anything?  What happens if you use another client, like a web browser?  I looked at the serverwmc log you posted and, like you said, the serverwmc streaming started with out a problem.  Have you check the emby transcode log to see if it reports an error?

No problem @@krustyreturns.  I'll do that in the future, the problem is I'm not entirely certain it is an issue with ServerWMC.  In a nutshell anything above version 1.1.49a of the Android/Fire TV App refuses to direct stream Live TV with ServerWMC in my setup.  If I choose a channel, I can see ServerWMC get's the request, and it starts streaming, however, it never get's back to Emby.  The Emby dashboard shows no active stream, even though I can clearly see ServerWMC is streaming the channel.  The Emby app on the device just does the spinning icon thing.  @@ebr noted in the logs on Emby somewhere it says Unknown bitrate.  Transcoding within Emby works like a champ, it just seems direct stream is broken in someway.  I am also using the HTTP method.

krustyreturns

The only way I know of that swmc enables direct play is by providing info for each individual a/v stream, like bit rate.  So for direct play problems besides checking to see if the stream started correctly, I check the log to see if the stream info was found and sent to emby, and in the log you posted it was there.  Feel free to post another though if there is a question.

theniteow1

The only way I know of that swmc enables direct play is by providing info for each individual a/v stream, like bit rate.  So for direct play problems besides checking to see if the stream started correctly, I check the log to see if the stream info was found and sent to emby, and in the log you posted it was there.  Feel free to post another though if there is a question.

I'll try to get some logs to you, thank you.

• 2 months later...