NowTV Box in Ireland

lpcorbett

lpcorbett

Hi All,

Having a bit of trouble installing MB3 onto my NowTV box. Just wondering if this is because I'm in Ireland (rather than UK)? And if so, is there a way I can change the IP Address on my NowTV box in order to get access to MB3 (and indeed BBC iPlayer)?

I've tried several versions of the download - all have the same error "No Server Found". I've tried manually fixing this, but to no avail.

All help is welcome - looks like a great tool.

Cheers

lpcorbett

Yeah, had the installation complete message. Tried the 1.15 version and the latest one, same error on both (although displayed slightly differently)

CBers

I also have NowTV through my PS3 as well - though I doubt that makes a difference on the above?

Just to confirm that you have a Now TV box as supplied by Sky TV, rather than just the Now TV service ??

If so, I assume you followed the instructions on how to install MB3 onto the Now TV box ??

lpcorbett

Yes, it's the actual box I'm trying to affect. Followed the instructions but still get the same problem.

Gcw07 - I'm not great technically, but I was able to see the mb3 app appear on my tv (via the box) as I installed it, if that's what you mean?

CashMoney

Gcw07 means can you get to the mb3 server you installed on a PC via a web browser on any other devices on your home network, another PC or a tablet etc. 

Just to be sure you understand, MB3 is a two part application; the first part, the MB3 server installs on a windows PC and provides the clients with the media. The second part, the clients (such as the Roku client you can side load on to the NowTV box) then connect to the server to receive the media from the libraries you create in the MB3 server web interface. Forgive me if that's a little basic, I'm just making sure you have the MB3 server installed for your NowTV client to connect to :-) 

Edited by CashMoney

lpcorbett

Okay, thanks all - I'll check the above steps. I didn't install anything on the laptop - just downloaded the Zip file, without actually installing it. That's most likely my problem rather than the Irish IP address. I'll stop being a clown and try again. Will post back on if I continue to make hard work of it.

Cheers

CBers

Okay, thanks all - I'll check the above steps. I didn't install anything on the laptop - just downloaded the Zip file, without actually installing it. That's most likely my problem rather than the Irish IP address. I'll stop being a clown and try again. Will post back on if I continue to make hard work of it.

Cheers

So you haven;t installed the MB3 server ??

I thought you said you'd followed the instructions on how to sideload the MB3 channel onto you Now TV box?

Followed the instructions but still get the same problem.

Gcw07 - I'm not great technically, but I was able to see the mb3 app appear on my tv (via the box) as I installed it, if that's what you mean?

Edited by CBers

CashMoney

Okay, thanks all - I'll check the above steps. I didn't install anything on the laptop - just downloaded the Zip file, without actually installing it. That's most likely my problem rather than the Irish IP address. I'll stop being a clown and try again. Will post back on if I continue to make hard work of it.

Cheers

No problem Ipcorbett, hope you get it working ok. It works great via the NowTV box, and is a nice cheap way to get at your media :)

Now tv box works in ireland now ?...sweet, might have to pick one up. Wonder if the same sideloading could be done to eircom's new EVision multiroom box too?