Recurrent errors in log

anderbytes

anderbytes

As mentioned in other topic --> http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31100-emby-isnt-closing-used-network-ports/page-4&do=findComment&comment=324729

I want to report some strange errors that keep appearing in the log. I'll post a resume below and try to discuss a little about each one.

Important: I used Emby for Android a lot around 17h of this log, began to experience some connection problems, and when I reached home, I confirmed that LOTS of opened ports weren't being closed (as described in topic above)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE: April 26th
TIME: 16:03:36 to 20:48:59 (4 hours and 45 minutes)

ERRORS SEEN IN LOG:

"Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept" --> 448 occurrences

This one was already seen by @@Luke in https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/issues/1097

Something related to Mono not trusting SSL certificate chains, I guess.

"Error while sending TLS Alert (Fatal:InternalError)" --> 284 occurrences

Seems to relate to error above

"Error while sending TLS Alert (Fatal:CertificateUnknown)" --> 19 occurrences

Seems to relative to first error above

WARNINGS SEEN IN LOG:

"Warn BaseItem: Unable to find linked item at path" --> 166 occurrences
It seems that Library has a very hard time forgetting some items. All those occurences point to files that used to exist but doesn't anymore (renamed, moved or erased).

Nothing seems to work here to erase those memories... cleaning old database, removing cache, NOT EVEN REMOVING THE LIBRARIES AND REMAKING THEM (very strange!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you guys please try to make those errors disappear? Maybe they're related to other errors experienced (open ports not always closing... maybe)

But we'll only know for sure after they're gone.

Thanks!!

The linked item warnings mean that you have a boxset (collection) or playlist that has media paths within that no longer exist.

anderbytes

The linked item warnings mean that you have a boxset (collection) or playlist that has media paths within that no longer exist.

Thanks, will give a look into this. There's a plugin auto-creating the boxsets... maybe something wrong with it.

About the errors... please take a look when possible. Errors are never a good sign.

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with the plugin. If you're going to think there's an Emby problem then perhaps we should just take away the logging messages altogether.  What those messages actually mean is that you've created boxsets and playlists, and over time, your media changes but the paths in the boxsets and playlists are still the same, and now out of date.

anderbytes

No, I don't think there's anything wrong with the plugin. If you're going to think there's an Emby problem then perhaps we should just take away the logging messages altogether.  What those messages actually mean is that you've created boxsets and playlists, and over time, your media changes but the paths in the boxsets and playlists are still the same, and now out of date.

Okay Luke, I'm just saying that the plugin that creates and manages all the collections automatically is leaving some out-of-date garbage behind.

If somehow those old stuff are impacting even 0,001% of the expensive CPU resources (trying to be searched in the disk, posting warnings, etc...)... then I believe the plugin can be optimized to keep only relevant data in collections.

That's only my opinion.

When we've tried to have the plugin do that in the past and cleanup after itself it's just led to complaints over various issues that came up and we ended up having to stop doing that.

anderbytes

When we've tried to have the plugin do that in the past and cleanup after itself it's just led to complaints over various issues that came up and we ended up having to stop doing that.

Understood. I won't nag about the warnings anymore... but only a tip: maybe a button inside the plugin config could "Recreate all collections", phisically removing all the folders inside /emby/data/collections , and recreating them.

That's what I just did to fix the collections, ran very well here.