Client setup question

kanipek

kanipek

I recently setup Emby Server for use with Kodi. After some messing around I have got done right I believe. It seems stable so I want to move on to setting up the clients. I have tried searching for instructions but I can't seem to find any step by step procedure. Might be I don't know exactly what I am looking to search for terminology wise.

I have been using XBMC/Kodi for year with MySQL and client setup is pretty straight forward via advancedsettings.xml and this makes client setup a breeze, it is done in seconds.

I am using Xios DS boxes for clients running a linux build of XBMC/Kodi as well as a couple of Android 5 phones.

I began setting up clients starting with my Galaxy Note 3, but it seems like I am missing something. I installed the Emby add on and configured it and it kicked off a from scratch database setup which will takes at least a few hours to run.

Should it not just see the database already setup on the server?

It seems like if that process completes I would end up with multiple databases and the would not be synced and that would be like using Kodi with standalone setup and be a step back.

Am I missing something? I was thinking of copying the databases from the server to each client but that would separate them again. Needless to say I am confused and seek help.

Thanks for reading and any help you can provide. And if I missed find this info somewhere here I do apologize, just not sure I am searching for the right stuff.

Vidman

Yes it copies the emby server info to each devices kodi database and then continuously monitors and updates any changes.... The idea is that you have the speed and compatibility of a local kodi database and convenience of a central database keeping everything in sync

Edited by Vidman

xnappo

Note that if you are setting up a lot of clients on the same Kodi version - you can copy over the database if you know what you are doing.

Would suggest just letting them sync though..

kanipek

Thanks!

This version of Kodi stores all userdata to an sdcard. I have made copies of the sdcard for other units it the past - for settings, addons, config etc and it works great. Never had the database in there except for the initial Kodi ones though. I will give that a try and go from there.

Thanks again Vidman and xnappo.