Connect to Emby over internet step by step

Cwobbles

Cwobbles

Hi, I've been scratching my head on this one for a little while and searching hasn't brought up anything definitive. I have Emby setup locally and it works very well with Kodi. I have also set it up for a friend remotely and that all works well too. Both of us can access each others servers via the web with no problem via browsers and mobile devices so all is well on routers.

So the next thing to try was using Kodi to connect to each others Emby server. To that end I set up a new profile and punched in the remote Ip address but nothing registers on the remote Emby server as an attempted login and the Kodi add on just warns about multiple login attempts. Am I missing something obvious here? 

I have it set to use http rather than smb but the main issue appears to be getting off the box. Kodi is running on a windows. I'm assuming the address in primary server address should be in the format of http://xx.xx.xx.xx . Each time I start Kodi it just states uable to reach Emby so initial connectivity is the problem. I can stream Youtube etc. so it does have internet connectivity...

Any idiots guide around?

Thanks

Edited by Cwobbles

• 1 month later...
smailpouri

I can connect to my remote server using my ddns (remote.emby.com), I can see my Library, but everytime I tried to play something it just doesn't work. Says path not found or Check log file

Server is MAX OS X EL CAPITAN (10.11.4) Emby Version 3.0.5972.0

Client is KODI 16.1 MacMini 5,1

Works over browser.

Thanks

kodi.log

I can connect to my remote server using my ddns (remote.emby.com), I can see my Library, but everytime I tried to play something it just doesn't work. Says path not found or Check log file

Server is MAX OS X EL CAPITAN (10.11.4) Emby Version 3.0.5972.0

Client is KODI 16.1 MacMini 5,1

Works over browser.

Thanks

Hi, welcome. This is a discussion topic about connecting. Since your issue is different, please open a new topic so that the right people will see it. Thanks.