Skin Reloading at startup?

Appl3seed

Appl3seed

Thanks for this great software.

I have a windows setup with 3.0.5913.0 server and Kodi 16 + Emby addon standard setup and I noticed something is triggering a skin reload at startup after a few seconds (5-10).

It is happening on every Kodi start, This is quite a visible behaviour with the skin I am using (Artic zephyr), all the random media widgets being refreshed/changed.

This is not happening with same setup and the normal sql local database i kept as a backup, so most probably it is a command issued by the emby addon or the emby server...

If so, is there a specific reason for that? Well not a big deal, but would it be possible to disable this refresh if it doesn't do any harm.

Many thanks

Angelblue05

We don't do any skin reload. The most we do is a force update library once the emby updates are synced to Kodi to visually update Kodi, but it is not a full skin reload. See how to report a problem and note the time when you see this happen so we can narrow the search in your log, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appl3seed

Here the log

http://xbmclogs.com/pfekiaalg

Happening around 23.03 and 30 sec

I think you named it. If there is a library update forced by Emby, then it is logical I see widgets reloading (same as skin reload, but is isn't)

Somewhere in the Artic Zephyr skin or in skin shortcuts, this behaviour must be coded. If I do a manual update on a sql setup, it is also refreshing the widgets.

Not sure there is a way around that. Price to pay to not have to update manually anymore. Or change this behaviour of reloading widgets on update but that is not really a bug

Edited by Appl3seed

Angelblue05

It's hard to say, I don't think the issue is coming from emby, look at this:

23:03:29 T:5988   ERROR: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - error opening serial port 'COM3': Unable to open COM port: Acc�s refus�.
23:03:29 T:5988   ERROR: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralCecAdapter::CecLogMessage - could not open a connection (try 1)
23:03:29 T:2140   ERROR: CScriptInvocationManager::ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script script.favourites
23:03:29 T:11940   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting noop

If you open the side blade in kodi while inside your video library and hit update library to you see the problem? Because that's what we are telling Kodi to do when we are updating with the latest content. According to your log, our force update happened almost 10 seconds later than when you said you saw the issue visually.

Edited by Angelblue05

Appl3seed

Just a widget reload so it is not really a problem with emby, just a bit annoying as it is happening right after the home screen first displays

And yes I see the widgets reloading when manually updating library.

Found a workaround: kept music locally in Kodi to make sync faster, and increased by 2 seconds the display time of the skin startup screen

Now the sync completion and following video update command is happening when the splash screen is still on, and before the actual home screen displays so I don't see anything disturbing (no more widgets/backgrounds changes)