Endless Startup Spinner

blackmamba

blackmamba

UsIng app have a few issues.

It seems I can only use the app for one night, as when I comeback the next day I just get a startup endless spinner when I load the app. Deleting the app and starting again fixes it until the next night.

I also get the "Document not found in stack" error as someone else reported.

Just FYI I have plex and Emby apps installed pointing at same server and same files. I am having no issue with plex. SO the issue is not the content or server.

Tks

Rob

Hmmm, I have also this issue (endless loop) after the latest update

Can you please describe exactly what you are doing and what is happening?  Thanks.

jonsson

I fixed it by closing the app (swipe up). After that it worked fine again.

Edited by jonsson

blackmamba

Sorry for slow response was away for a few days.

Think its auto login....
click on the app, startup spinner, then get screen to select which server...

after watching several movies, click menu to back out and put the apple tv to sleep

comeback the next day and repeat except get no further than the startup spinner.

OK so now following the above suggestion I can kill the app and reenter the app at its ok, though I am still needing to do this each day.

Also last night came across anew issue, after selecting a particular movie I got just a white screen then the app crashed, tried again and after a very very long wait I got a message apple tv couldnt play this movie because the format is unsupported. At this point the whole apple tv became unstable and unresponsive and I need to reboot the device.

Think its auto login....

click on the app, startup spinner, then get screen to select which server...

If you are getting the server selection screen then you are probably not set to auto login but please confirm by going to the user menu (the button will tell you).

Is the internet connection going away at any point by any chance?  Or, maybe the server?

blackmamba

I have a 100Mb fibre connection its solid 24/7.

Servers are fine and can be accessed outside of ATV without a problem (ie from my desktop).

Not sure what 'user' menu u mean.

I used the 'connect' feature when I installed the app, I entered the code and haven't had to enter any password since, when i startup the app I get a screen which has my 2 local servers in the bottom left, I select which one I want to access... 

If both of your servers are local, why did you use Emby Connect to attach to them?  Do you have UDP traffic blocked such that they could not be found automatically?

If you log out of connect, can it find the servers now?

The user menu is produced by clicking on the button with your user icon on it.