Emby server crashes upon each restart

Hedwig

Hedwig

Emby server crashes upon each restart.

When I start the server the configuration screen is displaying normally. Cleaning database and Scan Media Library are functioning normally to 100%.
When I switch to Browse Library (after san 100%) I see the start-up screen, the latest added media but NO Library Folders.
The server crashes immediately or sometimes after the first click on whatever item.

I would like to exclude that the new versions (3.0.5911 or 3.0.5912) are the problem and therefore would like to rollback to version 3.0.5882. How do I get it?

Latest Log file is attached herewith (zip-file, original is too big)

server-63595554609.zip

Define "crash".  Do you get a message box on-screen?  Is there an "unhandled..." log generated?

I don't see a crash in the log you posted.

Hedwig

No messages. I don't see an "unhandled"-log (I suppose it should be in the same folder as the server logs?).

"Crash" means that the server goes down and is no longer accesible (icon dissappears also).

I also suppose that the server-log is closed after the scans and should be complete?

I know it is all strange but this happened after installing version 3.0.5911 (3.0.5912 was no cure).

If I could try version 3.0.5882 we could exclude that the new versions are the cause.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hedwig

That is exactly what I did... Problem was the same. I than rolled back to 5911 in the hope that maybe something went wrong on installing that version the first time, but still no result.

I tested even all my other browsers (I.E., Opera, Firefox) and even my phones, tablets, etc...

They do connect with the Emby server but from the moment I do a simple request the server crashes immediately.

Happy2Play

I know it is all strange but this happened after installing version 3.0.5911 (3.0.5912 was no cure).

If I could try version 3.0.5882 we could exclude that the new versions are the cause.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can get the windows zip from here.

• 3 weeks later...
Hedwig

I tried all 3 latest versions and there was no difference.

Yesterday I had to reboot my router and cable modem as I noticed a serious dropdown in download speeds (90% speed less).

And you know what : After the reboot Emby was back again and craches are gone!

Does Emby need high download speeds to be able to work normally?