Browser: High-Definition Mode (1080P-4K)

theusedversion

theusedversion

I don't know what else to call it.  Cramming more content onto one page and make use of the extra screen real-estate that 1080P-2160P screens offer.  First, this is just a general example of what I was thinking about.  I realize there are some things wrong with it.  Yes, I copied the screens twice.  I'm lazy and tired.  Anyways, it's just an idea of something that I would love to see.  No scroll bar!  ~Enjoy

1ajP2su.jpg

• Like 1

theusedversion

Btw, if you have a 1080p screen, you can open image in a new tab and then hit f11 on your keyboard to see what it would look like in fullscreen.

Edit:  Oops, maybe not.  Site does something weird with the image.  Here is the direct link.  http://i.imgur.com/1ajP2su.jpg

Edited by theusedversion

theusedversion

For comparison.  It was easier for me to work on a flat background so I deleted the background images for my version but it would work just fine with having the background images show up like they currently are in the latest version.

XjwOGRd.jpg

Deathsquirrel

I love the large size poster to the left of the info screen.  Adding the details on the right is just way too busy IMO.

I don't know that this is even a 4k resolution issue.  Just better use of a wide screen monitor in the web UI for movie details.

theusedversion

I love the large size poster to the left of the info screen.  Adding the details on the right is just way too busy IMO.

I don't know that this is even a 4k resolution issue.  Just better use of a wide screen monitor in the web UI for movie details.

Originally, I was going to say in the post that it would be neat if you could have the whole far right details section only show up when a button is clicked.  So the title "Details" would stay and right next to it would be a downward facing arrow.  Once you clicked it, the info shows up.  Because I too thought it was a bit crowded.  But I was trying my best to fit everything on one screen.  Regardless, scrolling will have to take place to see the entire cast/crew and all the screens. Kind of like this:

UUUwlUU.jpg

Another idea was to have the left cover art be static and allow for scrolling.  So the whole right section would be under everything off screen.  Then you would scroll down to access it.  That would also allow for viewing the entire cast and crew as it fills up with the additional entries.  Same for screens.  Actually not much different than how it is now.  You're pushing all the info the right side of the screen and putting up a huge cover art on the left side.

j4OmtD3.jpg

I have no idea if that is complicated to do.

To the Emby people, if you were to design something like an Emby plugin that would enable this type of functionality, I would totally buy it.  I mean, you're just rearranging all the elements right?  Or is it a lot more involved?  Sell it for $5 a pop and there you go.  You could sell a ton.  Not sure if an Emby plugin can do that but I've seen browser plugins rearrange elements like that before.  No idea if they are really the same though.  But then you would have to develop for several different browsers.

this is basically the emby theater layout except with the details next to the poster, not underneath.

theusedversion

this is basically the emby theater layout except with the details next to the poster, not underneath.

I probably need to start using Emby Theater then. :D  I really like using Emby in my browser though since I'm already using it anyways.  Just a convenience thing. 

theusedversion

Btw, not sure if you care but you have some off center buttons.  The Play button on the web theater and the Trailer and Sync buttons on the other web client.  I only noticed them because I was doing that photoshop.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

j4OmtD3.jpg

I like this view with the large poster and the other information brought up. Having three columns with the details on the right is a bit crowded for me.

Would be interesting if the poster was fixed in place and only the right column scrolled.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 2

theusedversion

I like this view with the large poster and the other information brought up. Having three columns with the details on the right is a bit crowded for me.

Would be interesting if the poster was fixed in place and only the right column scrolled.

Yeah, that's what I suggested as well.  Poster remains static and only the right part scrolls. Would be very neat.

Deathsquirrel

Originally, I was going to say in the post that it would be neat if you could have the whole far right details section only show up when a button is clicked.  So the title "Details" would stay and right next to it would be a downward facing arrow.  Once you clicked it, the info shows up.  Because I too thought it was a bit crowded.  But I was trying my best to fit everything on one screen.  Regardless, scrolling will have to take place to see the entire cast/crew and all the screens. Kind of like this:

UUUwlUU.jpg

Another idea was to have the left cover art be static and allow for scrolling.  So the whole right section would be under everything off screen.  Then you would scroll down to access it.  That would also allow for viewing the entire cast and crew as it fills up with the additional entries.  Same for screens.  Actually not much different than how it is now.  You're pushing all the info the right side of the screen and putting up a huge cover art on the left side.

That would be fantastic.  As luke pointed out it is a lot like ET then.  Perhaps we'll see that in an ET skin.