Cannot connect to library to browse or configure server via localhost (only through IP)

Spinner410

Spinner410

I am having the same problem I have seen a few other people having in that I cannot connect to the library or configure the server via localhost. I can only connect directly through my local IP assigned to Emby. When connecting via localhost, Chrome throws back this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Mono-HTTPAPI/1.0 Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 05:30:14 GMT Content-Length: 0 Connection: close

I am also having connectivity issues with other Rokus in my home not seeing my library as well.

I did have NOD32 installed on this system but I have uninstalled it and I am still having the same problems. I have attached my latest log.

Please advise.

server-63594841883.txt

Edited by Spinner410

KarterJK

Who is your provider? Comcast, Time Warner?

My problem stemmed from a Comcast modem they insisted I needed.  The problem is it acts as a modem/router.  Which meant any changes on my router really had no affect for outside settings.  I had to call Comcast and have them turn on bridge support, which essentially disabled it's router function, and let me set my router as needed.

Drove me craze for weeks, until I figured it out.

jmbailey2000

I too am having the same issue, but can't connect via IP either. It is ONLY a local network issue, NOT an outside network issue, so Comcast and TW are moot. It only started with the latest update.

rookslide

I think I am having this problem as well. I seem to have lost access to the server via local host.

I can access it fine through other clients but not on the machine I manage it through...

This wasn't the case as recently as Sunday morning. I was updating data at that time and had no issues. I noticed last night there was an update available but didn't push it through. It must have done so automatically sometime since then. I think I have it set up auto update at a particular time during the night.

I hope this bug is solved quickly...

jmbailey2000

I do. Never had issues before. I even uninstalled and tried. No luck.

Update: I was running Emby with the "Run at Startup". I happen to change it to run as a service. While it still isn't working 100%, I at least see portions of the Server main screen (where as previously it was a totally blank screen) with the colored circle just spinning away. It never times out and just runs forever. Hmmm.......

Update: I was running Emby with the "Run at Startup". I happen to change it to run as a service. While it still isn't working 100%, I at least see portions of the Server main screen (where as previously it was a totally blank screen) with the colored circle just spinning away. It never times out and just runs forever. Hmmm.......

Hi there, in order to best help you, please see how to report a problem. Thanks!

Spinner410

Do you use ESET?

Not any longer. Uninstalled ESET, uninstalled and reinstalled Emby and I am still having the same issue.

Not any longer. Uninstalled ESET, uninstalled and reinstalled Emby and I am still having the same issue.

Hi there. Please take a look at our Connectivity Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know where you get stuck. Thanks!

rookslide

Here are two screenshots of when I try to "configure" and when trying to access the menu. Is this how the problem is presenting to everyone else?

56fc796327a85_TryingtoConfigure.png

56fc798425113_Menuisblank.png

Sorry about that took a bit to find the logs they are in a different location on my machine...

attachicon.gifserver-63594906301.txt

Ok, that log looks fine. What if you try to connect in the browser by ip address instead of localhost? what version of firefox is it?

rookslide

My better half only just informed me that she hasn't been able to watch her soap recordings for a couple weeks now. \

They are normally streamed to the Roku in another room from the media server. (the files reside on another computer altogether however this has never been an issue)

They start and play for about a minute then the message "loading, please wait..."

I attached the transcode files for the last few minutes it tried to play.

And yes I just realized this is likely not in the right forum my apologies. I guess I thought it might be related to the server access issue, but now I'm thinking it probably isn't...

transcode-0c6bff2d-3b52-4be3-924a-91b6cf78dd1a.txt

transcode-c156c536-5b26-47c5-a532-69613cd685f3.txt

rookslide

Ok, that log looks fine. What if you try to connect in the browser by ip address instead of localhost? what version of firefox is it?

Same exact results. I just let Firefox update this last weekend as well. Ouch, I forgot about that maybe it is a Firefox issue. Never had this kind of issue before though...

Firefox 45.0.1 Build  20160315153207

I don't have the non-local IP available I never used it up to now...

I have used

http://localhost:8096/web/dashboard.html

and

Http://192.168.0.103:8096 which is the ip on my home network where the server resides.

Edited by rookslide

rookslide

Update!

It is the Firefox update...

I just got the server to open on two other browsers! Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the quick replies! Typical Firefox these days the update one thing and another breaks...

• Like 1

Happy2Play

No connectivity issues whatsoever.

Does the same apply to you?

i can't access it in ANY browser on my local machine..  i can from kodi/android etc..   and externally can too..  and externally can too from browser..

OliverH

Hi everybody

Unfortunately I've got the same problem since yesterday. When I try to open the emby server dashboard, the browser shows the following massage:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Mono-HTTPAPI/1.0 Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:02:23 GMT Content-Length: 0 Connection: close 

Trying serveral browsers (IE, edge, firefox, chrome) didn't solve the issue. But I can access the dashboard via android app or android browser.

The attached logfile shows several errors which I do not understand.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

server-63595140450.txt

Happy2Play

Hi everybody

Unfortunately I've got the same problem since yesterday. When I try to open the emby server dashboard, the browser shows the following massage:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: Mono-HTTPAPI/1.0 Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:02:23 GMT Content-Length: 0 Connection: close 

Trying serveral browsers (IE, edge, firefox, chrome) didn't solve the issue. But I can access the dashboard via android app or android browser.

The attached logfile shows several errors which I do not understand.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Do you use any anti-virus software?  What brand?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1