Possible minor "poster.jpg" bug

theusedversion

theusedversion

Just wanted to point out a possible minor bug that I have found.  Actually it's been around for a while but it didn't really bother me much so I never brought it up.  Ok, so I maintain my own cover images for my movie collection because I'm very particular about how I want the images.  I save these images in the movie's directory under the filename "folder.jpg".  So I have a folder with the name of the movie/year and in it is the movie, the images, and sometimes subtitles.  Then I transfer the folders to an external hard drive that I have already added to the library directory. 

Here is where the problem comes in.  If I transfer these folders while Emby is already running, Emby will often ignore the folder.jpg images and download a poster.jpg which has priority over folder.jpg.  However, if I transfer the folders while Emby is off and then turn on Emby after the transfer is complete, this problem doesn't present itself.  So I guess it has something to do with the folder.jpg image not being transferred before the movie file and therefore Emby doesn't see it when it starts to identify and download images.

I'm not complaining or expect a fix.  Just wanted to point it out in case it's something that you want to know about.  It's an easy fix for the user.  A quick windows explorer search for poster.jpg on the whole drive and then delete the results is all you have to do.  But perhaps priority could be given to folder.jpg instead of poster.jpg when both are present.

Happy2Play

Your only say around this is to disable Real time monitoring when you are transferring media to you collection then re-enable or manually trigger library scan.  (or you can change the Real time monitor interval in you system.xml and restart server.   I saw this with MCM so I had it process to a landing zone then I move media into my collection.

Edited by Happy2Play