Server - Add filterable library / custom "views"

Schar

Per: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32328-custom-collection-library-favourites/

I'm seeking a way that we can have a top level library / "view" that can be a subset of either another library or underlying content on a disk. This would ideally be filterable by some form and combination of meta data - tags (manual), ratings, imdb score, content restriction etc

I'm aware of the user level restrictions based on rating or tag but this is exclusive, whereas I'm looking for an inclusive only option

My example:

All of my TV is hosted on two UNRAID servers, lets call then \\server1\TV and \\server2\TV. My main TV library is awesome -- next up, recent etc all work.

To be wife and child friendly though, I'd like to be able to have a smaller library, let's call it TV Current, that only contains a subset of the TV shows. And another: Movies Current - for things we've grabbed and know we want to watch in the near future.

I'm happy to manage the content of this library via meta-data - in this case tagging content

I'd rather not manage my physically moving media from share to share to achieve this function - although having a TV and TV Current share and ensuring the TV share had both in it would work, until I moved something and then viewing history and anything else I've done to the metadata would probably be lost

Any such view would ideally have all the current functionality, like next up and recommendations and whats new for TV.

It would be great if you could include collections by tag filter as well.

Extra for experts (although I'd get a baseline going first) - have the ability to nest views within each other (to a limited depth) - so we could have upcoming movies that we want to watch separated into genre "folders/collections/sub-views" by tags.

For reference, I achieve this function currently in MB2 by having a folder \\server1\Shortcuts\[TV], which has sub-folders of [On Hiatus], [Finished] and [Queue] in it, that I drop shortcuts into as I acquire new shows or we decide we want to watch something different. Similar for movies, and, kids content. These are all root folders in my main pearl MB2 experience and provides a wonderful way of controlling the subset that we see and keep track of on a day to day basis.

BTW - more than happy to help if you want to create a branch

Thanks!!

• Like 1

We plan to add a "Smart Playlist" type of feature to the server at some point that would cover these types of things.

Awesome @@ebr - that is great news.

Will the playlist enable all the current features - like next up and what's new?

Do you have any suggestions about how to get around this in the meantime, not really able to migrate everything off MB2 until I do.

Cheers - Happy Easter!