How do I scrape my media so it will get coverart for my movies?

jeremytodd1

Happy2Play

If nothing changes please post a server log.

chef

I am not at a PC so I can't unzip your log, but just out of curiosity if your where to go into the physical drive and change one of the poster images named after a video file which are not showing up (ex. 500 Days of summer (2009) ) to "500 Days of Summer (2009) - poster.jpg" then Run a media scan... Does that post show up in the UI?

jeremytodd1

I am not at a PC so I can't unzip your log, but just out of curiosity if your where to go into the physical drive and change one of the poster images named after a video file which are not showing up (ex. 500 Days of summer (2009) ) to "500 Days of Summer (2009) - poster.jpg" then Run a media scan... Does that post show up in the UI?

I would gladly try that but I'm not getting any images for the video files now.  Ever since I removed the old files and rescanned it doesn't want to redo the images for the movies.

chef

Okay, please make sure these settings are enabled:

Manage Server > Metadata > Services > Image Settings

Please see if "Primary" is enabled.

jeremytodd1

That setting is enabled.

His settings are fine.

On one of the problem titles, click into one of those movies, then use the dot menu -> Edit Images. Are you able to manually download images or are they not available?

If they're not available, click the dot menu -> Identify. What is displayed there?

jeremytodd1

On one of the problem titles, click into one of those movies, then use the dot menu -> Edit Images. Are you able to manually download images or are they not available?

If they're not available, click the dot menu -> Identify. What is displayed there?

So that stuff all pretty much works. I went through a bunch of library to try a number of them.

I mainly did the refresh option and that seemed to work each time. I tried the edit option and I can manually select the correct image and it works fine. I did the Identify option on a couple of them too and that seemed to pull all of the correct information and images too.

were those nfo files pre-existing or created by emby? is it possible to try importing one more new movie with only the video file, just to compare how that goes? thanks.

jeremytodd1

were those nfo files pre-existing or created by emby? is it possible to try importing one more new movie with only the video file, just to compare how that goes? thanks.

Those were ones that Emby made. One of my previous steps was deleting every file but the video files. So everything you see there is directly from Emby.