How do I scrape my media so it will get coverart for my movies?

jeremytodd1

jeremytodd1

So I switched from Kodi with MySQL to Kodi with the Emby addon with a clean install of my library.

I'm having a problem though. After Emby finished scanning my movies this is what is showing up in my movie list.

http://i.imgur.com/PtytJ4f.jpg

See how some of them have the official look? Like 300, American Beauty, 3:10 to Yuma? I want all of my movies to have that type of look. I don't like the logo of the movie with a transparent background.

Is there a good way to fix this?

Edited by jeremytodd1

chef

Just a guess here but you might have "logos" enabled. At the top of the page there is a display setting that looks like a couple rows of white boxes ( right beside "A-Z")

Click on that and make sure that you have chosen "poster" images.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Ho, welcome. Can you show us what the contents of one of those movie folders looks like? Thanks!

• Like 1

jeremytodd1

Just a guess here but you might have "logos" enabled. At the top of the page there is a display setting that looks like a couple rows of white boxes ( right beside "A-Z")

Click on that and make sure that you have chosen "poster" images.

The setting on that icon is currently set to "Poster Card". I tried changing it to "Poster" and the icons didn't change at all.

Ho, welcome. Can you show us what the contents of one of those movie folders looks like? Thanks!

There you go.

http://i.imgur.com/gdLVODz.png

I appreciate the really damn quick responses guys! Thats great!

chef

Looks as though the poster images may not exist in your folder structure for those movies (500 days of summer for example..)

Things to check is that saving Metadata to folders is turned on so that the next media refresh will collect those images for you.

Edited by chef

jeremytodd1

Looks as though the poster images may not exist in your folder structure for those movies (500 days of summer for example..)

Things to check is that saving Metadata to folders is turned on so that the next media refresh will collect those images for you.

Are you talking about this setting? Because that is already enabled.

http://i.imgur.com/dNYakCm.png

chef

Hmm...

You may need to enter the Metadata manager and go through you movies to aquire the poster image for the movie which are missing them.

Click the three white dots on the movie which is not showing poster images and select "edit images"

This should allow you to download the missing ones.

I think there is a bulk processing option in the Metadata manager, which collects and saves missing info.

Edited by chef

It looks like he has poster images in his folder, they all have the same file name as the main movie, but for some reason they're not being used.

jeremytodd1

Hmm...

You may need to enter the Metadata manager and go through you movies to aquire the poster image for the movie which are missing them.

Click the three white dots on the movie which is not showing poster images and select "edit images"

This should allow you to download the missing ones.

I think there is a bulk processing option in the Metadata manager, which collects and saves missing info.

Doing them manually is what I'm really trying to avoid, as I never had to do this with MySQL and that I have hundreds of movies and it will take quite some time to do it.

Looking in the metadata manager I'm also not really seeing a way to bulk process them.

Happy2Play

Can you show us what the contents of one of those movie folders looks like that is displaying a poster (Like 300)?

Happy2Play

What program creates that image named that way?

jeremytodd1

What program creates that image named that way?

The only program I use is Emby and Kodi, and as far as metadata goes Emby handles all that at this point I believe.

yea it looks like the images are being read correctly. the issue is how did a logo get saved that way in the first place.

Happy2Play

I believe the image order of precedence for poster is

folder.ext

poster.ext

moviename.ext

moviename-poster.ext

These should all be poster

Your issue is moviename.png is not a poster it is clearart.  Is the moviename.jpg or -poster the actual poster?

Edited by Happy2Play

jeremytodd1

I believe the image order of precedence for poster is

folder.ext

poster.ext

moviename.ext

moviename-poster.ext

These should all be poster

Your issue is moviename.png is not a poster it is clearart.  Is the moviename.jpg or -poster the actual poster?

http://i.imgur.com/eTzHhpq.png

And I double checked the 500 Days of Summer file. The file that is just 500 Days of Summer.jpg is the exact same picture as the banner file.

Happy2Play

So it looks like you need to delete all the moviename.jpg and moviename.png files and have Emby rescan your library.

But what would cause moviename.jpg to get banner image and moviename.png to get clearart image?

jeremytodd1

So it looks like you need to delete all the moviename.jpg and moviename.png files and have Emby rescan your library.

But what would cause moviename.jpg to get banner image and moviename.png to get clearart image?

I'll go ahead and delete all the non-video files and get back to you guys when the rescan is finished. I think it's going to take a while so it might be later today sometime but I'll keep an eye on it.