#21 tyr_88 OFFLINE  

tyr_88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 PM
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

We haven't really added book support into all of the emby apps yet. That part is going to take a little time. If you can browse the library in the web app then you've set it up correctly.

Thanks Luke understand now it has navigation and I can Sync to Download to Device so that is proper TY again

Sorry if I worded anything above wrong

Trey

Edited by tyr_88, 31 March 2017 - 04:44 PM.

#22 joggs OFFLINE  

joggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Local time: 02:20 AM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:36 PM

Each audiobook contains hundreds of mp3s or equivalent file format normally ,usually in a folder named as the author - Book title.
Is there a way to play or resume directly on the folder eg book, so you dont have to enter the directory and scroll down to the last played mp3?

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 123941 posts
  • Local time: 08:20 PM

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

Not yet.

#24 joggs OFFLINE  

joggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:03 AM

Not yet.

I haven't thought about the idea to have audio books in emby before, but it's a really great idea. I am using "listen audiobook player" for android today, which have pretty much everything, except the possibility to have the audiobooks in the cloud, which is a very important feature as you don't want to download the same Book to all your devices manually, so if we could add the same player resume features as for movies and also the possibility to automatically download audio book covers and a continue listen widget, we are there, and emby has filled up a little void for audiobook listeners. Keep up the great work!

/joggs

#25 Jack Burton OFFLINE  

Jack Burton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Local time: 09:20 PM
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:51 AM

I haven't thought about the idea to have audio books in emby before, but it's a really great idea. I am using "listen audiobook player" for android today, which have pretty much everything, except the possibility to have the audiobooks in the cloud, which is a very important feature as you don't want to download the same Book to all your devices manually, so if we could add the same player resume features as for movies and also the possibility to automatically download audio book covers and a continue listen widget, we are there, and emby has filled up a little void for audiobook listeners. Keep up the great work!

/joggs

@Inrego has put together a really solid app the runs through Emby. Keeps track of listened status and all that through the server, it's all I use now. Missing some bells and whistles and has the odd issue, but works pretty great overall, hopefully it can be integrated into Emby proper some day.

https://emby.media/c...for-audiobooks/

• joggs likes this

#26 joggs OFFLINE  

joggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Not yet.

I can see in the latest beta,  that the audiobook 'folders' now just contains one file, for example the first mp3 of hundreds. If you play it, only the first audiofile is played and then the audiobook is treated as finished. In an update or two, maybe the audiobook folder should trat all files in the audiobook as one big file or what is the plan?

Edited by joggs, 20 November 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#27 chyron8472 OFFLINE  

chyron8472

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • Local time: 07:20 PM
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

I haven't thought about the idea to have audio books in emby before, but it's a really great idea.

I'm a Plexile with ~250 audiobooks, and I've put a great deal of effort into tagging and organizing them. My wife and I both regularly listen to audiobooks, and having audiobook support in Emby would fix one (of the two) issues I have with it that keep me from dropping Plex altogether. Last I checked, the Book content type didn't have an ability to "Play" an entire album/folder.

Seriously. Plex does have track-level resume for audio files, but that's it. And its Android app, which I use extremely frequently for audiobooks, comes with a host of music-player-related bugs that have been outstanding for nigh upon years now with no coming fix. Track-level resume is literally the only thing Plex has for audiobooks that Emby does not (aside from cosmetic differences). If that is implemented, the only other issue I have with Emby is how Downloads are organized.

Edited by chyron8472, 20 November 2017 - 07:15 PM.

• Tang! likes this

#28 tyr_88 OFFLINE  

tyr_88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • Local time: 06:20 PM
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

I have been using Comic Utility Belt to create bulk cover images of the book

https://sourceforge....ource=directory

Then using Balabolka Portable to create audiobooks

https://portableapps...abolka-portable

Was going to try out ComicRack as a server

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/

Edited by tyr_88, 28 November 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Audio, Books, Audiobooks, Save position

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users