MBC Crashes After Playing Movie

T.Wells

@@ebr Creating two separate threads as requested in post #4 here:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/3223-two-questions-mbc-crash-after-playing-movie-auto-start-on-boot/

Whenever I play a movie using MBC, after finishing or even if I stop 30 seconds into the movie, when I return to WMC and MB, I receive an error that MBC is not responding.  I have the choice to either close the program or cancel.  Either selection does nothing as I need to go back to the PC and exit WMC by pressing ctrl+alt+del.  My method of playback is to mount a ISO (from a WHS 2011 machine) using VCD and playback is via TMT5.  I never had this issue using previous versions of MB (this is my first and fresh install of MBC).

I only use WMC for movie playback. No TV, pictures, or anything else.

I am currently using the stock install with the only update being the cover art plug-in.

Thanks,

T.Wells

• Like 1

Not sure if you've seen my posts but I was suffering the same, the only plugins I have are the screensavers and only the default theme is used. After the 4th or 5th time this happened I looked at the MBC logs. I noticed lots of mentions of content that was offline (as my NAS was off). I decided to switch my NAS on just so I could get a cleaner log to post and all of sudden the problem was gone!

I've checked it loads of times since and even if I put the NAS off again the issue has not returned. I know it sounds strange but do any of you have content offline, that has been offline since installing an update?

It's a long shot but the only thing that changed for me within 5 mins of the last error was to make some offline content online. I am on DEV release by the way.

Cheers

Latchmor

I don't have anything offline - my server is on 24x7x52.

I don't get crashes, just very slow response when playback stops.

It's very strange then. What mine did is respond very slowly as you say but then the 'Not Responding' message would appear. Clicking Close Program on the message didn't actually close it. I think the first couple times I grabbed the mouse and closed WMC. Then next few times I left it and it eventually jumped back to life. Apart from updates to MBS and MBC (both DEV) nothing else has changed but I have no problems now.

Mine must have been unrelated to other guys issues but displaying similar symptoms.

Cheers

@@Latchmor - As I said in my thread, I get the "not respondding" message, but click cancel.

It then springs back to life after about a minute.

It happens after every playback.

Not sure if it's just the Atom-based HTPCs that I'm using struggling to do something.

MrWebsmith

@@ebr

these threads are similar to the issue you were working on with me?

i am still able to get this.. at least it "tends" to happen after the first played item, then not as often noticably after items 2+ in a watching "session" i can give more logs to compare against these other user's reports if you'd like.

I agree with Web - this sounds like the same issue but none of these folks have provided a log yet.

I have in my thread ;)

• Like 1