Sometimes Server isn't running...

Marc_G

Marc_G

Hi folks,

First, I've read and will follow the How to Report A Problem section, and will post a server log when this problem next occurs. However, in preparation for it, I wanted to ask if there's anything else I should do when it happens to properly capture all useful information.

Here's the problem. I've got Server and Emby Classic for WMC mostly happily running on my HTPC. This instance has been going on for years, no major changes, and I've got Emby set to update with stable builds. Usually everything is fine. Emby is also set to start any time the computer boots.

Once in a while, I go down the media room, plunk down on the couch, and open up Emby WMC. It thinks about it for a minute then gives me that code to enter, instead of just loading Emby.  I poke around a bit and see the server isn't running.  I manually click on the server icon, it starts, and all returns to normal.

I'm not specifically aware of a correlation between these events and any changes to system like Emby server updates, HTPC Windows (7 sp1 64 bit) updates, or anything else. It just happens.  The HTPC is very static other than some automatic windows updates and Emby.

So, next time it happens, I'll grab the latest log (the one before restarting Emby) and post it. But is there anything else I should do to help figure out what's going on?

Thanks

Marc